Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today was a good day...

IS300h driving from Edinburgh to Carlisle via the A7. Sport mode, ASC full on and dealing with the gear changes myself.  100 miles of wonderful Scottish driving.

When I arrived I felt like turning around and driving right back again :yahoo:

• Like 5

Just drove from Hamilton down the A77 to Portpatrick in my is300h and loved every minute of it, my longest drive since picking up my car 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow off to Keswick from Portpatrick returning to Hamilton up the M74 on Saturday - looking forward to every mile!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

My wife comes from Carlisle and I often say that the best things about the place are the A6 and M6 leaving it! :biggrin:

A bit uncharitable John !  I'm sure your wife knocks spots of the A6 and M6 !

Stuart, that's a great read; so many posts (not here to be fair) on motoring forums are so down on just getting out there and driving. Loved it when you said:

"When I arrived I felt like turning around and driving right back again",

That is a great feeling, isn't it? And all this a in car the British motoring press say isn't a good drive! 

The British motoring press are extremely biased. I have now covered 1200 miles in 10 days and without doubt is the best car I have driven. I did 30years in the police and for a short time was in charge of the local road policing unit so have driven many vehicles at very high speeds in difficult situations. The Lexus is without doubt the most comfortable car I have owned for years, the closest being my Mercedes 300ce from 1992 which in those days was a £42000 car. 

I am absolutely amazed that a 220bhp car is so economical and I love driving it . My average so far according to my phone app is42mpg. Over the last 3 days and 300 miles the average Mpg was 44. 75. This car is certainly making me smile. 

• Like 3

You always fill up tankful to tankful, put the cars to all mileage in and cost per litre. The app calculates your total average Mpg. The Mpg over the last tankful and your fuel costs per mile etc.  Very useful. My Last  mercedes suddenly started doing about 3 Mpg less than usual and a couple of weeks later had an air mass sensor fail.  I find it great as my company pay me mileage and I am then able to buy cars that are cheap to run. 

Edited by olliesgrandad
Spelling