Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC300 Fsport Fuse box to hardwire dash cam

I have not looked its raining heavily, but the manual shows the fuse box under the bonnet front passenger side (U.K.).

I installed a Beat sonic NDS 6223EP DVD/ Nav Bypass, the instructions should work for you to take a feed off the underside of the lighter socket it's 10amp rated.

The manual is available on the Lexus portal once you sign up.

• 8 months later...

Sure, I used a piggy back fuse in my GS (drivers footwell)

50a3921ea03d28e4eb191c7e4856b6e8.jpg

My previous Honda had a neat 'Option Connector' on the fuse board that provided various, independently switched feeds, which made adding additional circuits a breeze. I just wish more vehicles had them...

Cheers 

I used piggyback fuses on mine too - usually permanent supply for trailer and switched for lighter socket as I have park record function

RC doesn't appear to allow towbar fitting so may need to find another permanent supply

I've registered online to view handbook now so can do some research 

• 1 month later...

Just fitted a Thinkware F770 dual camera and it was an absolute PITA so thought I'd share my findings as it may help someone else!

The cover to top of windscreen/mirror housing slides down towards dash to remove if you are hiding cables like I was - don't pull it or you will break the lugs:blush:

WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO FIT FUSEBOX UPSIDE DOWN IN FOOTWELL:ohmy:

Underside of glovebox area is removable which is essential - took me a while to realise working upside down and getting nowhere fast:rolleyes:

There was an empty fuse slot LH side marked on attached photo which is permanently live so I used that for parking mode supply

The switched supply turned out to be difficult as nearly everything I would normally use ie aux outlet and radio were constantly live at fuse but not at appliances  -  in the end I was able to piggyback off S/HTR F/L which is only live when ignition live ie engine/EV mode

Negative ground - I loosened bolt to bottom R/H side of glovebox and tightened it again after inserting forked terminal

I had planned to do a photo guide but it was so difficult I lost the will I'm afraid - always done these on big suvs never a cramped sports car - I will take some pics when I get a chance if anyone would like anything explaining further

DSC_0046.thumb.JPG.ad1f239f99faaa8918667036b5de4729.JPG

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links