Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

just put 4 Michelin cross climate tyres on the rx450, too early to tell anything yet but I'll let you all know in a week or two.  Paid £615 for all four fitted, I think that was a good price, what do you guys think??

• Like 1

In all honesty I have no idea whether that's a good price for those tyres or not as I've never looked at the price of Michelins. I've just put 4 Avon ZX7s (235/55 R18 100V) on my RX300 and ordered them from http://www.tyreshopper.co.uk for £386 then used a Tyreshopper discount code to get 5% off, making it £366 and also got 3.15% cashback by going through http://www.topcashback.co.uk making the final, fully-fitted price £354. They were fitted at a local branch of National Tyres who, if I had bought the tyres directly from them, would have charged £421 :yahoo:

What sort of mileage can I expect for my is300h with 'regular' driving - mix of town, country, motorway, occasional bad roads. ?  Nearing 20k on the original tyres and, as far as I can see, there is still a fair bit of life.  Hoping for 40k but perhaps that's ambitious ?

3 hours ago, BigChange said:

What sort of mileage can I expect for my is300h with 'regular' driving - mix of town, country, motorway, occasional bad roads. ?  Nearing 20k on the original tyres and, as far as I can see, there is still a fair bit of life.  Hoping for 40k but perhaps that's ambitious ?

Depends whether you want to change when the tyres lose grip or just before they become illegal

Our recently bought RX400h has 18" summer wheelset and 17" winter set. Latter has good tires but no TPMS sensors. Former needs new set of rubber for next summer.

As RX is quite heavy I'm seriously considering to invest mid-European winter tires like Michelin Latitude Cross 235/55R18 which is 100H weight class.

I've got these tires in use in my Chevy Van in size of 235/75R15 and for heavier vehicle these perform well in summer roads still provide nice traction on snowy roads during Finnish winter.

Best part is wet performance both summer and winter where these will beat all Nordic winter tires.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

On 23/11/2016 at 8:02 PM, Morepower said:

Hi all

just put 4 Michelin cross climate tyres on the rx450, too early to tell anything yet but I'll let you all know in a week or two.  Paid £615 for all four fitted, I think that was a good price, what do you guys think??

Look forward to hearing how you get on with them!

Sounds good to me!

Interested in the Avon zx7 and Michelin cross climate.Only need back  tyres as 400h came with new Dunlop sp270 on front.

I`m assuming cross climate wont be suitable with the front summer tyres.

Do you guys have any advice? 

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Honest John`s advice is do not mix.Put cross climates on all four wheels.

Or any other make/model - just as long as they are on all four wheels, of course :wink3:

Seriously though, I know I haven't had the Avons on long but in the first week it rained five days out of seven and I can say they are superb in the wet. They are 'A' rated for wet conditions and I can honestly say that they live up to and deserve that rating, the car is now so sure-footed. Not only that but they are equally as good in dry conditions too. I can't remember who first recommended the Avons on this forum but I'm very pleased they did.

John, how do you find the Avons for noise? What did you have before?

Avons [a different version] are also being recommended over on the LS430 forum at about £95 each.

The Hankook Ventus ST on my RX350 are about half gone after 20,000 miles and cost about £120 each three years ago. They have been excellent and will buy again if still available. While I would never over economise on tyres I do not feel it is necessary to spend more than that on a tyre for this car.

2 hours ago, GrahamG said:

John, how do you find the Avons for noise? What did you have before?

When I bought the car back in May it had two Dunlops on the front (can't remember which ones) and two Kumhos on the rear - think they were Crugens if I remember right. The back end used to swing about a bit if I wasn't careful but not now with the Avons on.

Noise-wise, much quieter than before.

Of course, I can't speak as to the longevity of the tyres having had them only a couple of weeks, but if that aspect is as good as others I'll be well pleased.

Good thing I checked your post. 

I am planning a road trip to Germany so have invested in all season Perili Verde even though had only 12k from the original OEM Dunlop that came with the RX450H, 2015 specs.

I would welcome your feedback as I have paid and booked for next week, can change if you have looked into both and believe Michelin is better.

Booked for Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season 105V XL 235/55VR19

On 03/12/2016 at 3:42 PM, stafford said:

Interested in the Avon zx7 and Michelin cross climate.Only need back  tyres as 400h came with new Dunlop sp270 on front.

I`m assuming cross climate wont be suitable with the front summer tyres.

Do you guys have any advice? 

Agree - have been looking into quite some articles on winter/summer/all season. Advice is "not to mix and match"!

Safety comes first - call me a victim of "premium tyre = safety on road" campaign. I'll pay a little extra for peace of mind. 

• Like 1

Tyres should not be mixed.

4 Summer or 4 All Seasons or 4 Winter is ok.

Summer tyres are not suited for cold conditions.

All Seasons are siutable for Summer and for temperatures down to minus 6c

Winter tyres are for temperatures exceeding minus 7c

Honest John rates All Season Tyres as follows;

1, Michelin Crossclimates

2. Nokkian All Weather

3. Goodyear 4 Seasons.

Regards

John

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links