Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extended warranty

I phoned up Lexus to buy an extended warranty today and was told that since it was more than 30 days since the previous one expired, they wouldn't sell me one. This seemed like a bit of strange response. Does this match with other peoples experience of extended warranties with Lexus?

I've bought 2 Lexus from independent traders and Lexus Cardiff have sorted an extended warranty for me on both occasions.  The first IS250 SE-L had a full service history, but including two from an independent - Lexus insisted on inspecting that one before granting a warranty.  My present vehicle had full Lexus history and warranty was issued without them seeing the vehicle.

Seems odd that you have been refused   Try a different dealer maybe ?

As said above you may have to have a inspection or full service before you can take out the warranty, you have to understand there point of view, we would all like to wait until  something goes wrong with our car's before taking out a warranty ( not applying you have something wrong with your car ). thats why i would expect most independent car warranties have to run a certain amount of time before you can make a claim, other than that you shouldn't have any problems getting a warranty from Lexus as long as your car falls into the right category, age millage ect.

As said in the other replies I'd try another dealer.

I bought my car from an independent dealer earlier this year, contacted Lexus warranty to see if there was an used car warranty still active - there wasn't. So I went to the local dealer, Lexus Newcastle, with all the service history (it has a full lexus sh) etc - bought the warranty there and then no problem, couldn't have been more helpful to be honest.

From what I've read though - I'm not expecting to use it, I only bought it for peace of mind, unlike the one on my previous M5........and much cheaper too!!

• Like 1

I bought my car privately and called my local Lexus dealer a few weeks later. The 2 year warranty was bought and paid for over the phone after I provided some info about my car, so seems strange that they have refused to sell you one...

Very odd, didn't buy my car direct from Lexus but does have a full Lexus service history. Had 6 months warrenty from seller so didn't start my Lexus extended warrenty until that expired. No problem at all buying it.