Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where is the tyre pressure reset switch?

I've had the tyre pressure warning light occasionally flash at me, only to check the pressures and find they are all spot on.

The manual says you should press and hold the tyre pressure reset button after filling up with air...but I cannot for the life of me find the switch!  

Anyone care to give us a clue?

Thanks John - that did help, in the sense it encouraged me to look into the darkest recesses and I eventually found it!  I have however not been able to find it again since.

Why on earth did they put it in such an inaccessible place?

1 minute ago, keiron99 said:

Thanks John - that did help, in the sense it encouraged me to look into the darkest recesses and I eventually found it!  I have however not been able to find it again since.

Why on earth did they put it in such an inaccessible place?

I leave the cap off mine Keiron,so that I can easily see the Port next time I look. Just an idea.

Regards

John

On 05/12/2016 at 3:54 PM, keiron99 said:

I've had the tyre pressure warning light occasionally flash at me, only to check the pressures and find they are all spot on.

The manual says you should press and hold the tyre pressure reset button after filling up with air...but I cannot for the life of me find the switch!  

Anyone care to give us a clue?

Actually if you read the manual carefully, it doesn't say you need to reset after each fill up.

Lets say the recommended PSI is 36. If you hit 35, the thing will show up a light on the instrument cluster.

Fill it back up to 36 and it should disappear after 1 mile.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2016 at 2:41 PM, rayaans said:

Actually if you read the manual carefully, it doesn't say you need to reset after each fill up.

Lets say the recommended PSI is 36. If you hit 35, the thing will show up a light on the instrument cluster.

Fill it back up to 36 and it should disappear after 1 mile.

Ive checked my tyres and they have been down 2-3 PSI without any warning. I read somewhere - cant think where now, that the warning only occurs if you lose 20% + pressure. No idea if its right but for my GS250 that would equate to 7 psi loss before warning...

5 hours ago, Jamesf1 said:

Ive checked my tyres and they have been down 2-3 PSI without any warning. I read somewhere - cant think where now, that the warning only occurs if you lose 20% + pressure. No idea if its right but for my GS250 that would equate to 7 psi loss before warning...

That sounds about right. It's a safety warning designed to alert if your pressures get dangerously low, it isn't there to tell you your pressures are slightly below your desired setting.

• 5 months later...

Hi Roy,

The hand book helpfully shows a picture of the front of the dash, with the reset button under the steering wheel - e.g. reach down in front of your knees and there it is.

This however is a "virtual" diagram. The button is actually under the dashboard not on it, and faces down to the floor. It is helpfully set a few inches higher than the bottom of the dashboard lip, so completely invisible. You have to lie on the floor of the drivers side, on you back, with you head touching the brake/accelerator, to see it.

Once you know where it is you then need to hold it in whilst the ignition is on, until the low pressure tyre warning light flashes three times - that being the light that you cannot see, as you are lying on your back on the floor, with a brake pedal in your ear.

I am sure you get the idea!