Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I will have put nearly 4k miles on the car within 6 weeks (most I think I have ever done in a short time) after this weeks trip to Cardiff and next weekend to Scotland. I have not passed a lot of Lexus on the road up to now in this time - travelled both during day and night and the ones I did see I can count on 4 fingers - 2 x RX / 1 x IS 220 / 1 x IS 200

With seemingly not that many on the road (compared with the merc / bmw clones etc)  I was wondering if the ones I saw were LOC members. Has the forum mods though about having a window sticker available for its members to indicate to others or is that a bit spooky?

Very rare I see another lexus is on the road except for one I pass every morning travelling in the opposite direction on our way to work. We always give each other a smile and a wave.

Anybody else ever had this when passing another lexus?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, peachy said:

Very rare I see another lexus is on the road except for one I pass every morning travelling in the opposite direction on our way to work. We always give each other a smile and a wave.

I had it once when i acknowledged another owner while passing but I am sure he gave me a funny look !!

I have had a few people come over to the car when I am either in a shop (petrol garage lately) to say its a nice car / one they have always wanted / hows it to drive etc ... quite nice to be noticed for its rarity. There's only one other Lexus local to me which is a yellow Alteeza, same style as the IS200.

Its nice to be a bit different - think it would be good to spot another member on the road, hence the badge for the car

I've got some LOC stickers in the post after I joined with the black friday discount. Need to get around to putting them in the car.

Just need to decide where to put them......

18 hours ago, peachy said:

I've had the occasional acknowledgment but not often

If I see you I will give you a wave.. :biggrin:

Funnily enough driving home from snowdonia today I was waiting at traffic lights near Llandrindod Wells and this guy  came through in the opposite direction in a white lexus is. he flashed his headlights and gave me a smile and a nod. I thought it was really lovely . 

Like that Bluesman !   my other car is a MX5 and most drivers tend to wave ,especially the early Mk 1 owners . Not had it happen with the Lexus ,but I have had people stop and ask questions when I was parked with the hood down

Dave

• Like 1

Rebecca said

"Funnily enough driving home from snowdonia today I was waiting at traffic lights near Llandrindod Wells and this guy  came through in the opposite direction in a white lexus is. he flashed his headlights and gave me a smile and a nod. I thought it was really lovely"

Geoff says

"Who wouldn't give you a smile and a nod Rebecca, I would give you a smile even if you were driving a Skoda". :xmas::xmas:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, true blue said:

Like that Bluesman !   my other car is a MX5 and most drivers tend to wave ,especially the early Mk 1 owners . Not had it happen with the Lexus ,but I have had people stop and ask questions when I was parked with the hood down

Dave

When I owned a Frog Eye Sprite and a Reliant Scimitar they always flashed and waved, it's a friendly gesture in this day of Road Rage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links