Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ever since I bought the car the spare key has been put away - I guess the Battery will be dead by now - will there be any issues with it if I put a new Battery in. Will it need to be paired if there is such a process to do or will a Battery replacement just bring it back to life? Its been put away now for approx. 4 years.

My second key is in drawer since I bought the car ~1.5 years, never changed the Battery and it still works fine. Even my primary key is still on the same Battery. You don't need to pair key after replacing Battery or any such thing... I guess you can extend Battery life in the by taking it out, or sticking some transparent tape so to spot it making any contact, but there batteries seems to last forever anyway. 

As Linas says, they seem to last a while.  I have had my spare in the draw for over a year and it is still fine.

Although what I tend to do is buy more than one of the batteries required and change it in both fobs at the same time.

I changed batteries in both of mine not long after I purchased the car. One wasn't wasn't working and the other was a bit hit-n-miss (although I now think this was due to interference from my mobile phone)

No problems at all since.... :smile:

Early days but mine have been in for a year since purchase. One in use and one spare. I do not expect much has been drained from the batteries as I never use the key to lock/inlock the car/boot. I always use the drivers door handle to unlock and the button on the boot lid to lock.