Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h Front Windscreen

Got massive stone chip today in two places close together and have booked it in to auto glass next week to be sorted. After speaking to them they have ordered a new screen just in case, I,m hoping they can repair it as I really don,t want them to replace the screen. Has anyone else had a front screen replaced on a 400h ? Rear view mirror looks as if it could be fixed in place on screen so it doesn't look that straight forward and am worried it won't be as it was after if it's replaced.

AutoGlass do thousands of these screens every week, so shouldn't be a concern. I had them do my Merc screen with light and wiper sensors, no issues. always better if you can get to a depot, rather than have them come out to you.

Have had Autoglass replace my RX400h screen a few times over eight years - straightforward. The overall rain sensor system has a mounting bracket that comes bonded onto the screen from the screen manufacturer, so the screen changeout involves unclipping the rain sensor from the bracket (the sensor wires into the top of the rear view mirror mounting), gel back out, old screen off, new screen on, gel pack in, rain sensor clips back on to bracket on new screen, game on. Only time I've ever had a problem was on one occasion when the bracket on the screen wasn't bonded properly (manufacturing fault), the lens thus wasn't flush to the screen, and the sensor was triggering when there was no rain (or vice versa).

Edited by Neil Morphett
For completeness, forgot to mention the gel pack
  • Like 2

I sure they give you some warranty for any work carried, but earlier you notice the better. For autowipers common issue is not replaced or wrongly replaced gel pad, any defrosting elements can be as simple as forgetting to connect the modules, though I heard stories (not about Autoglass) that they come up with glass without the elements themselves in which case it would be better to tell them to bugger off and get right screen.