Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 10/12/2016 at 2:35 PM, Malc said:

think i prefer the originals tbh

Malc

I also prefer the originals, but I must say this option does give the car a certain look that I could also live with, certainly a bit racier looking.

• Like 1

LexusGS300009.jpg

Maybe this can help you in your choice.  Here is my old GS300 mk2 with 17" DHP wheels on the front and 17" GS optional wheels (as opposed to the 5 spoke standard wheels on this model) on the back.  The optional wheels are made by OZ and seem to be more durable against corrosion and scabs than OEM . 

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful if buying wheels for the MKIV, I was going to buy some 17" lexus is wheels, subject to trial fitting them on my 99 LS.

Didn't fit, due to large front brake calipers, so my advise would be to try before you buy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hotspace said:

Thanks for the advice. I'm currently negotiating buying a set of DHP wheels which are my preference anyway

Yeah, much nicer looking wheels, and obviously no problem with fit.

I believe the tyres are quite expensive though.

4 hours ago, hotspace said:

Looks like I'll be picking up my new wheels soon. A Xmas present to myself lol. These are the wheels that came with mine, they're ok but I don't think they're right

IMG_20161224_114029.jpg

i had a set of similar wheels on one of my old cars, they were as strong as plasticine 

On 12/12/2016 at 3:21 PM, 39buss said:

LexusGS300009.jpg

Maybe this can help you in your choice.  Here is my old GS300 mk2 with 17" DHP wheels on the front and 17" GS optional wheels (as opposed to the 5 spoke standard wheels on this model) on the back.  The optional wheels are made by OZ and seem to be more durable against corrosion and scabs than OEM . 

i like the back ones personally 

I'm with alien1974 in liking the back wheels better, would like a set for mine in place of the originals. But the DHPs are also very nice and possibly more exclusive as they are off an uprated 400 

I like the wheels fitted standard on the SC430 

Jim