Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

popped into Halfords today ( well it was that or next with the wife) and spotted the "black box" by turtle wax ... half price 12 quid

it has a pre wax a canubra wax and a spray finisher 2 cloths and an applicator pad , specially for black cars ... bit dubious but for 12 quid ????

any one tried it on here ?

Yes (although I fell for the full price!). I'm no expert, but thought it was very good. My non-metallic black CT200h came with a number of marks I would have expected a main dealer to sort out before hand-over (bird lime etching, and what I think were sunscreen-cream fingermarks), and with some effort, the four stages of the 'kit' removed them. Be warned, though - it's very messy, and the final wax is in fact a liquid, which took me by surprise. Don't try it without latex gloves! (I obviously did....) 

Seems cheap enough for what it is but worth checking the percentage Carnauba as many only use between 1 and 5%.    Personally, I like Meguiars Tech-Wax as a finishing wax. The finish lasts for ages.

For pro-finishing kit and a wide range of polishes and waxes, I find this business very good and the chap that runs it very helpful with his advice:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/complete-detailing-kits/cat_22.html

I bought a DAS6-Pro polisher from him and can't recommend it or the Menzerna range of polishing compounds highly enough.

On 12/9/2016 at 9:55 PM, hondansxr said:

popped into Halfords today ( well it was that or next with the wife) and spotted the "black box" by turtle wax ... half price 12 quid

it has a pre wax a canubra wax and a spray finisher 2 cloths and an applicator pad , specially for black cars ... bit dubious but for 12 quid ????

any one tried it on here ?

As explained, its messy! 

Also, doesn't really get rid of marks, just fills them in to look like it has. 

If you want a good protectant go for something like Harly wax (if you want carnauba) or Soft99 Fusso/Bilt Hamber double speed/FK1000P/Sonax Polymer net shield

If you want a good, long lasting carnauba wax final layer I'd recommend Collinite's 

#915 Marque D'Elegance paste wax or for "easy on, easy off" type gel wax their #845 Insulator wax. Both last a good few months even with weekly washes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links