Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cool easy fix for common squeaky door seals

Found this on the IS300 forum..sorry didn't note the contributors name.

if you get an annoying squeak or rattle from the driver's door, which gets worse in cold weather, means that the rubber seals are dry. I just got Netzett Rubber Care stick off amazon, applied it to the door sea!s, went for a drive, noise gone. Almost uncanny how quick and effective it is. It cost £7.10 and comes with a neat applicator.

These small victories are important!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Does it not become sticky when it dries out? Certainly does around the nozzle of the Fairy Liquid bottle...

you only need apply a tiny amount. I used it mainly as a diagnostic for squeeky noise from door of my IS a couple of years ago. Totally silent afterward. Not sure about the long term affect on rubber so now use wd40 silicon lube. Might get some of the stuff you recommend next time

33 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Does it not become sticky when it dries out? Certainly does around the nozzle of the Fairy Liquid bottle...

you only need apply a tiny amount. I used it mainly as a diagnostic for squeeky noise from door of my IS a couple of years ago. Totally silent afterward. Not sure about the long term affect on rubber so now use wd40 silicon lube. Might get some of the stuff you recommend next time

This is common on all four doors on the LS430, at least it's been a slight annoyance on both of mine so it's useful info.  I once Googled the problem and found a couple of people in the States recommended washing up liquid, it does work for a while but soon needs doing again.

It's seems to be a common niggle on the lexus is. My previous is had the rattle on both the front driver and passenger doors.

My current is250 had it on the driver side but a light coating of petroleum jelly did the trick.