Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 months of ownership....

floggit

2month ramblings , ha!!!. Had my ct about two months and still absolutely love it. Yes it has good and bad points. Black is a pain to clean but rewards when done. The dab radio was bettered in my vw but the sound in the ct is much better. I love the rev camera and probably use it too much lol. The car has slowed my driving which is not a bad thing. I now drive more smoothly while keeping track of the mpg figures. The passenger seatbelt rattled on the b pillar while driving and the sponge i stuck on the pillar kept getting knocked off. I now slide the belt under the seat adj lever ,this keeps the clip against the seat and not the plastic pillar. Not yet tried the auto lights or wipers but will read manual and get on it.

does anyone record their mpg usage and miles per tank?

i decided to keep track per tank and measure 3each tanks of eco/normal/sport and mixed and see what the results are. Its obviously going to take a few months to get finished but hopefully it will show how each setting suits my driving style. Which to use and what to avoid or has no benefit. Probably pointless but makes the drive interesting.

Thats a good page!!!, first tank on car was 54.5 ,had a 48 now around 52 so not really done enough yet. Was reading from the current avg page on computer but realised next page average is probably the tank avg so using that. 

I'd say 90% it's in Normal mode the the occasional blast in Sport. I don't drive it like a hybrid and if it runs on electric then it's a bonus. I read up on this on the Prius forum. If you always keep in electric you won't get good mpg. It's true as when I first got it I was paranoid about trying to pulse and glide all the time and the mpg was always very low 40,s. Now driving normal it's gone up to the figures I've shown. Weird.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

?? Well done guys but how on earth do you manage this mpg??

struggling to get 43mpg, Lexus CT sport+ pack,  new, 66 plate, vast majority city/school run

I think for me a large factor is driving style, i used to nip everywhere quite quickly in my old vw up. The ct being cvt and hybrid has changed my driving style/habits. Im much smoother and happy to be slower and keep to limits better yhan before. Biggest thing i notice in the ct is i pull away slower than before. Im currently low 50's but aiming for 55+ next year.

id try next fill up resetting your avg mileage computer and just for a week a lighter touch on the acc pedal. Im sure if i drove like i did in my previous car id be low 40's. The ct will reward ithink instead of driving the car its more a case of working with it.

• Like 1

Just filled up an hour ago and I managed this result. Very mixed driving with Shell V Power (£1.28 litre ouch) not bothering to drive it like a hybrid and a good old hard drive in Sport mode occasionally.

397433297da658da0f97f7f873e577e4.jpg

56.5mpg for last week is quite good considering the cold weather.

?? Well done guys but how on earth do you manage this mpg??

struggling to get 43mpg, Lexus CT sport+ pack,  new, 66 plate, vast majority city/school run

Could be the engine is still a bit tight being so new (running in?)

Also don't always go for electric or Eco mode as they're mpg killers I've found. Pulse and glide can help on open roads but round town there's not much choice. Most of mine is 90% town and I drive it like normal and if it goes electric it's a bonus. You do have to be quite light footed to keep it in the Eco zone as said. I'm sure you'll get better results as you put mileage on the engine.

Happy Christmas everyone!

[emoji4]

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links