Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX300 2004 Bank 2 sensor 1 location

Just got myself a Lexus RX300 after being a strictly German car man, however I may now be becoming a convert! You certainly get a lot for your money.

Does anyone know where the Bank 2 sensor 1 is located on  RX300 2004?. I think I have found it, but I need to make sure I am removing the right sensor. All other information I could find related to pre 2004 models and the engine lay out is not the same.

If anyone is able to get a picture of the sensor location. that would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Can you post a photo of where you think it is in your car, then we can confirm. It is the first sensor directly in the exhaust manifold coming from the cylinder head, usually has a 4-5 inch cable and plug going into your harness.

51 minutes ago, tayaste said:

Sensor 1 is the A/F sensor, located in the exhaust manifold. I haven't got a photo unfortunately. But sent you a link.

Stephen, any particular reason why you sent a link privately to John instead of just posting in the topic? Just thinking that knowledge like this may be useful to others in the forum as well.

2 hours ago, tayaste said:

Nope, wasn't sure if it was against any forum rules or anything, that's all.

Fair enough. I can't see why it would be but if a mod can clarify that would be great, thanks.

19 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

Fair enough. I can't see why it would be but if a mod can clarify that would be great, thanks.

John, it was an early tsb showing location of AF sensor and how to distinguish bank 1 and 2 on various models, but I'm unsure of the rules posting these docs.

• Like 1

It seems a bit of a pain to remove. The clip is hidden, so I had to follow the wire with my hand. Also the sensor is not easy to undo without an O2 sensor tool. I'll probably give it a go on Friday when I am off work. 

Hopefully that will sort out the P0051 code I have. Also hope the sensor I bought is the correct one. 

4 hours ago, Verbout said:

If you put "O2 sensor RX 300" into your search engine, then select images, there are lots of schematics showing you where all the sensors are.

I did look on Google, but I don't really understand the diagrams. The only pics I found were for older RX's