Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

To post, or not to post?

On 24/12/2016 at 10:00 AM, steve2006 said:

Does anyone own this particular ISF which was used a few years ago by Lexus for their Open Road Day promotions?

I waited nearly all day to have a test drive in this car which along with the LS600h was only permitted with a qualified race driver sat with you.

The professional driver first took control and drove it like a race car along the local public roads then it was my turn at a much reduced pace.

How many times it was driven by potential customers I don't know but it certainly had a hard early life during the tour.

IMG_0182.JPG

It's mine!

Bought it earlier this year and gets driven like it was designed too as much as possible. 

If it did have a tough early life - it doesn't show, cosmetically or mechanically!! It's Only done 30k miles, and has a impeccable FLSH.

I'm very pleased so far with the isf - it is certainly a grower, bags and bags of character.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

Kemble is only an hour away from me so I'll be there 🖒

14 hours ago, emjay82 said:

I would also be up for this as it's within reach for me, depending on the specific date of course as I work some weekends.

Great stuff, I am thinking 2nd or 3rd Sunday of January depending on weather etc 

Greetings one and all! :smile:

I must admit my absence from this forum has been something I am very much aware of. As others have said, the number of posts and topics on the US forum are far broader and frequent than they are here. Whilst I know some of you were keen to follow my progress on my own car, others were understandably not as keen to see how my modifications were going, favouring the stock or mildly modified route (again, no issues with that, it's a personal choice as we have discussed in the past).

I do think the lack of posts could also be attributed to the relatively bullet-proof build quality and reliability as others have pointed out (almost the old saying no news is good news!).

I will however make a point of keeping things moving on here as much as I do on the US forum (that's one New Year's resolution taken care of! Lol).

Next steps for me are as follows:

- Fit the PPE headers currently sitting in my garage (these took a bit longer to get a hold of, as they don't stock RHD versions).

- Use the OBD2 handheld controller to read my ECU so I can send the data back to Rafi/Simon to work on a new map for me (waiting for the headers to go on first).

- Buy a set of 2013 headlights to go with the Aimgain front bumper I am in the final stages of buying from a forum member in California (God knows how I am going to get that one home! Lol. Doubt I can check it as luggage, but might try as I am due over to LA in February!).

- Fit the carbon rear panel that replaces the one below the rear lights (where you have the badges etc). Not sure if the weave pattern will work with my boot spoiler and diffuser, but worth a try! :wink:

Finally, get the car over to Whifbitz at some point so he can start building me a titanium exhaust! :cool:

Weight saving should be worthwhile on it's own, but it's also a good opportunity for Paul to develop a product that should sell well in the States. The current offerings from any of the big names in Japan command mega money, so if Paul can come up with something in the middle ground, he should do well I reckon.

I'd like to top things off with the RR-Racing supercharger kit, but that may have to wait till early 2018 given the costs involved. I also think it's good to see how others are getting on with the kit in the US first (saves me being the guinea-pig! Lol), although as expected no one has had anything concerning to say about it so far.

I should be able to reschedule my trip to New Jersey at some point. If so, I will be heading over to finally meet Simon and Rafi to see what they are working on, and hopefully hear/test the Supercharged shop car for myself. :thumbup:

There was also mention of Rafi coming over this way to do the Ring at some point....... If so, I'd love to put my car to good use and head over with him for a few laps.

Will let others know more as and when I hear anything. Could be an epic meet if a few of us wanted to convoy over there for a long weekend??

Hope everyone had a great Xmas, and look forward to seeing/hearing from you in 2017.

Cheers for now.

Pete

• Like 1

Cheers Mark.

Agreed. Given the work and quality of all the products I have had from Rafi/Simon at RR-Racing, I have no reason to believe the reliability should be an issue when I do finally add their supercharger kit to my car. It's just nice to read/see how the pioneers are getting on with the kit first if that makes sense?

I also want to try and get more use out of the car this year if I can. Think that's the one big sticking point for me. I've obviously spent quite a bit of money on it over the past few years, but don't feel like I have any real experiences/memories to recall.

The fact I can't take it on a track with the current exhaust setup is a big pain in the rear. Hoping when we develop the titanium version with Paul we can come up with a method to reduce the noise low enough for me to do some trackdays. Let's face it, normal road use is pretty dull and repetitive these days! Seem to spend most of the time stuck in traffic! Lol.

Although the car still always puts a smile on my face, my 0.25 mile :mellow: journey to my work doesn't quite allow me to make the most of this wonderful car. Regular meets/road trips in 2017 would be great to really start enjoying the car.

On 12/27/2016 at 10:02 AM, Mark G said:

Have to agree about the meetings Stu, I met up with Flytvr at Kemble airfield a few weeks ago along with another IS-F owner who just happened to be there, what are the chances of that. It was a really good few hours, swapping opinions and chatting about our car history.

We will be meeting again at the same place in the next few weeks, I will post the actual date when I have one, hopefully a few more owners might turn up.

Yeh, we had a great time - keen to do it again :) This time I think a brekkie will be needed to assist the several mugs of coffee!

4 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Yeh, we had a great time - keen to do it again :) This time I think a brekkie will be needed to assist the several mugs of coffee!

Just sent you a PM Dav.

• Like 1

with 200 owners its not a surprise its quiet. Isn't drive tribe the place to hang to chat? It's useful though and I learned alot when I started researching buying mine a few years back.

it also doesn't work all that well on my windows mobile phone (I know, rare type of person. And isf and a win10 mobile!). I suspect its fine on android and apple but who wants to have the same kit as everyone else?

dave

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Hi Mark

As you can see finally got round to joining looking forward to Kemble 👍

Paul

Good to have you onboard Paul, I'm looking forward to next Sunday and it's looking hopeful for a good turn out! :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2016 at 10:35 AM, Grey One said:

Hi say Chaps - the old UK ISF forum is certainly a sleepy place these days, a bit like an old gentlemen’s' club, or provincial library.  Compared to 2-3 years ago when Peter and Stuno were in full flow, it feels like a retirement home now, what with the odd chum from the other Lexus model threads dropping in, or one of us posting about something maintenance or cosmetic related, I seem to check the forum daily but often seem little action these days and spend more time on the US forum.

I'll count myself guilty as charged on that one also - maybe in 2017 we can all make an effort to light the place up a bit? :)

I think the tumbleweed nature of the IS-F section has been cured. Ladies and gentleman, the @Big Rat (and his rather lovely silver IS-F) has landed!!! :yes:

• Like 2

Ah 'Chatty Ratty 'spotted his name mentioned 🐀

In all seriousness chaps ''tis good to have the banter, some other forums I've been on it very quickly descends into some pretty nasty exchanges usually due to written misinterpretations, but as we all know as well the odd tw...

Not met nor talked with a bad un on here yet - well except for Davi who could not quite hold his coffee on Sunday 😂☕️😂

Big Rat

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links