Abz_17

Is220 wheel advice

Hi, i own an is220d, and need some advice.  I wanted to change my alloys and was wondering if a set of alloys and tyres from an is250 or is200 wheels would fit my car? I tried looking for a decent set of is220 wheels but they are proving difficult to find . I currently have a set of 17" alloys which need a lot of TLC so was wanting to change then as I dont have time for a refurb. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Yes, wheels from another IS will fit no problem. For example, my own car is currently sporting wheels from the newer Mk3 model.

Actually most Lexus wheels out there ought to fit since the majority of them are at least 16" and share the same 5x114.3 stud pattern and 60.1mm centre bore. Only wheels off a CT200h or current model LS can definitely be ruled out (different stud patterns).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By IS220d Remapped (2 years)
      Hi guys,
      Thought I should join to share my IS220d experience.
      I had issues blanking my EGR few years ago as it would throw up all sorts of errors. tried cleaning but only eliminated issues temporarily.  
      I found a company willing to do a remap. He managed to delete DPF and EGR. I then blanked the EGR with a plate and got the DPF gutted by a professional welder (mechanic) within a week of map. 
      The car was at 120k mileage when mapped. it is now at 162k pulling strong on all gears. the economy, torque and response was an still is really noticeable. I manage 38>mpg on minor boost and 31-36mpg having fun with it. These figures vary dependent on weather and road conditions hence the large variations. 
      To summarise,
      1. hydrocarbon engine flush. (I just did it for the sake of it) 
      2. remap (delete EGR and DPF from ECU) 
      3. Blank EGR (blanking plate from ebay)
      4. DPF gutted then re-welded professionally (from my mechanic)
      Hope this helps,
    • By bobmc
      Just spotted these for sale on ebay
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263058132067
      Set of alloys for Is250/is300h, apparently new and unused, London E3 area
      Nothing to do with me, just spotted them. Depending on the reserve, could be a bargain for someone.

• By hybridbatterysolutions
      Just a quick heads up - I hope this post does not fall foul of the rules - I will be selling my new set of Fox fx004 rims soon as seen on my profile - everybody I met said they really liked them but I "just didn't " I prefered the originals a purely personal view so I have put them back on, so i now have no use for the Fox ones, they are only a couple of months old & as good as new, I have even got the chrome ( "L" ) centres for them which are included too.
      Just wanted to give LOC members first choice before advertising to public.
      So if you are interested then please message me.
      I will wait 3 weeks from this post before advertising elsewhere.
      Richard

• By J Henderson
      Lovely sunny weather this past weekend, so of course some detailing of the Lexus was in order.  Ideally I would've liked to have put a coat or 2 of wax on my car, but I felt it was a bit too blustery for that since, a), I don't have a garage, and b), a large tree overhangs most of my driveway. Throw in some neighbours doing various DIY projects and who knows what kind of crap would be landing on my car whilst I was working. So, instead I focused my attention on my wheels since I could remove them and safely wax them from the confines of my shed, plus I was motivated by having a bunch of new products to try out on them.
      Before

OK, so not exactly filthy. I tend to keep my car pretty clean and the wheels have only been on my car for about 6 weeks and they were freshly-refurbed before I bought them, so no months & years worth of baked-on brake dust, sticker residue etc.

Nevertheless, Having been seriously impressed by the quality of their Rapid Detailer spray, I splashed out on a few more of Infinity Wax's wares over the Easter weekend when they were on offer at bargain prices, and intended to use a few of them to fully decontaminate and seal my wheels with a few months worth of protection.

Step 1 was to hit the wheels with a strong dilution of Power Maxed TFR and then thoroughly rinse a few minutes later with a pressure washer. This removed a lot of the dirt present, but not all, so this was followed by a 2BM seeing-to of bodywork shampoo, delivered by some newly-acquired Wheel Woolies (sadly this was not pictured).
      After rinsing, a liberal soaking of Incinerate Wheel Foam was then agitated with a soft detail brush to remove anything that might still be present.

The wheels were then hit with a dose of Liquid Fire, but this step proved to be quite unnecessary as only a minute amount of contamination was still present (so, not worth picturing). Still, at least this particular bleeding fallout remover has a bearable scent compared to others I have tried (Bilt-Hamber Korrosol, I am looking at you) which smell absolutely awful.

At this point, I was prepared to clay and polish the wheels but deemed it unnecessary so dried them off using Sonax BSD as a drying aid and applying a coat of it in the process.

Next up, an application of high-temp wheel wax. This was really easy to apply, and remove later once dried to a haze. It's said to be good for 2 months of protection.

Applied

Buffed

Then my attention turned towards dressing the tyres...

Rubber Wax applied to the inner-facing sidewall to see what type of finish it provides.

Hmm, and then the outside...

I quite like the idea of using a proper wax on the tyres instead of the usual sticky products, and this leaves a really neat and clean-looking finish but against really dark wheels I didn't think it stood out very well. I also tried it out on the radiator top hose and that came up a treat, so I can see me being a fan of Rubber Wax, just not for my tyres as I prefer a bit more of a sheen on my sidewalls.

So, out came the Megs Endurance...

Job done. 
    • By Pete99
      I bought my first Lexus in 2014 having previously owned a Saab 95 for over 10 years. I am very pleased with the car with one exception - the ride quality is a lot firmer and the majority of roads do not offer a smooth driving surface. Does anyone else share my frustration and have any ideas to improve the comfort level. I have considered changing from 17" to16" wheels with Michelin Cross Climate tyres but am not sure what effect this would have on performance or what would be the best wheels to change to. Any thoughts would be welcome as I was planning on keeping the car for a number of years.