Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg service

AKY-B

Happy new year everyone. Can anyone recommend a good mobile LPG service technician in the Reading area?

I have previously used BPV services in Slough but they do not open on Weekends so I need to either someone to come to me or a place within 30 mins or so that opens on a weekend. 

Thanks in advance 

I live just outside Reading myself and I dont know anyone mobile or static that can help you with LPG in and around Reading and I have been running on LPG for 16/17 years. I have been using Profess down in South Wales for installs and service. Never had any problem with them. Mike.

"They" recommend servicing the LPG once a year, - is this frequency generally agreed upon? I understand that most of the service is just a general check.  I am in Surrey and am going to need my LPG system serviced soon... and again, - have no idea where to go :)

I am off to Oxford  Autogas in Tiddington   on Friday  for a Lpg service . Will let you know how I get on.

My daughter has used them a few times  for her Seat and gotten  great service  so here's hoping . 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.Not a good experience really.First appointment cancelled because the LPG mechanic wanted a day off,but at least they rang me.On the day I was booked in first 1200.Checked the car in at 1140.Was told to come back around 1330.When I came back they hadn't even started it.Took the car in at 1340 and was out in 35 mins.Car runs OK but as soon as I got on the motorway the VSC/Trc light came on.Phoned them and was fobbed off and told it's a problem with the car.Had a look on here on a couple of posts and and it seems that something hasn't been tightened properly. Haven't had time to go back but they are pretty arrogant and rude so next time I'll probably go back to BPV in Slough.

£79 + Vat but hassle with it .

Sorry if it's a bit of a story !

• Like 1

Its a shame there are so many cowboys in the LPG industry. The sooner LPG companies have to be Government registered as the home gas engineers have to be then things wont get any better. When its done properly its an absolute dream but when its not its nightmare time. I hope you manage to get it sorted quickly. Mike. 

Hi.Not a good experience really.First appointment cancelled because the LPG mechanic wanted a day off,but at least they rang me.On the day I was booked in first 1200.Checked the car in at 1140.Was told to come back around 1330.When I came back they hadn't even started it.Took the car in at 1340 and was out in 35 mins.Car runs OK but as soon as I got on the motorway the VSC/Trc light came on.Phoned them and was fobbed off and told it's a problem with the car.Had a look on here on a couple of posts and utility seems that something hasn't been tightened properly. Haven't had time to go back but they are pretty arrogant and rude so next time I'll probably go back to BPV in Slough.

Thx mate.probably need a code cleared hopefully.Live and learn

Sorry to hear that.  This was Autogas in Tidington I presume.

Maybe that light will go off on it's own, - I had similar - was trigged by the exhaust lambda sensor, - I had a garage turn it off (for free) the first time, - about 6 months later it came on again, i left it, and it went a week later.  I think it was just hte car getting a bit confused with the lpg system/emissions

19 hours ago, Bluesman said:

Its a shame there are so many cowboys in the LPG industry. The sooner LPG companies have to be Government registered as the home gas engineers have to be then things wont get any better. When its done properly its an absolute dream but when its not its nightmare time. I hope you manage to get it sorted quickly. Mike. 

I'm not so sure it'd really make a difference as such. After all, Oxford Autogas at Tiddington (if that's where Akhlas took it) are listed as UKLPG Approved Autogas Installers, which is supposedly the 'be all and end all' governing body (although I do know it's only a trade association and has no legal standing or legal powers). It's like anything else - I've seen superb work with excellent service from guys who are not UKLPG Approved Installers and rubbish work from some who are Approved, and of course, vice versa.

Personal recommendation from happy customers is absolutely vital for LPG conversions/servicing and a good installer is worth his weight in gold. I know that when mine is ready for a service I'll have a 200 mile round trip but it's well worth it for peace of mind.

5 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

I'm not so sure it'd really make a difference as such. After all, Oxford Autogas at Tiddington (if that's where Akhlas took it) are listed as UKLPG Approved Autogas Installers, which is supposedly the 'be all and end all' governing body (although I do know it's only a trade association and has no legal standing or legal powers). It's like anything else - I've seen superb work with excellent service from guys who are not UKLPG Approved Installers and rubbish work from some who are Approved, and of course, vice versa.

Personal recommendation from happy customers is absolutely vital for LPG conversions/servicing and a good installer is worth his weight in gold. I know that when mine is ready for a service I'll have a 200 mile round trip but it's well worth it for peace of mind.

I wondered how long it would be before UKLPGs name came up. They are nothing but a private company who would like you to think they are a governing body but they are not. They expect you to pay them if you are an LPG company to try and give you an air of authority that you are government authorised LPG installer.  I have heard more horror stories which include their so called members than those that are independent and work via word of mouth.

The scheme I posted about for the gas in your house makes it a criminal act to touch gas appliances unless you are registered with the government Gas safe registered scheme and the same should apply to LPG.

• Like 1

Hi.Not a good experience really.First appointment cancelled because the LPG mechanic wanted a day off,but at least they rang me.On the day I was booked in first 1200.Checked the car in at 1140.Was told to come back around 1330.When I came back they hadn't even started it.Took the car in at 1340 and was out in 35 mins.Car runs OK but as soon as I got on the motorway the VSC/Trc light came on.Phoned them and was fobbed off and told it's a problem with the car.Had a look on here on a couple of posts and utility seems that something hasn't been tightened properly. Haven't had time to go back but they are pretty arrogant and rude so next time I'll probably go back to BPV in Slough.

Thx mate.probably need a code cleared hopefully.Live and learn

Yes it was Oxford AUTOGAS. Daughter lives out that way so took a day off work and booked in there. At least my lunch was free 😉

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.Update on my Vsc/Trc light.A quick visit to my friend at LEXUS Reading and 5 mins on the OBD and a zero point calibration done.Lights out and a verdict on the guys at Oxford Autogas "!@$/&€! "

10 minutes ago, AKY-B said:

Hi all.Update on my Vsc/Trc light.A quick visit to my friend at LEXUS Reading and 5 mins on the OBD and a zero point calibration done.Lights out and a verdict on the guys at Oxford Autogas "!@$/&€! "

Is that good or bad?

I have hidden the post above as there is a link on New Farm Services web site that takes you to a Japanese site that has nothing to do with LPG or Lexus.

I might be wrong but I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that a zero point calibration is something to do with steering geometry and/or wheel alignment?

So basically, although Oxford LPG seem to be absolutely rubbish and from your description of events I wouldn't pay them in washers, they were in fact right when they said it was a problem with the car - sounds like the only thing they got right :sad:

Bad for Oxford Autogas but LEXUS Reading always been good to me.

There was nothing wrong with the car as I was assured by LEXUS. Using the OBD machine incorrectly caused a spike into the system thus triggering the fault light.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links