Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust trims?

Importing a pair direct from Japan (via amayama.com) would cost $83.50USD + potentially some import duties on top.

Due to the terrible exchange rate it might actually be cheaper to buy from your local Lexus dealer. The part number is 17408-31030

Thank you very much

I contacted my local Lexus dealer today who quoted me £157.35 for a pair which is silly.

Does anyone know what size I need and whether I can buy decent quality trims here in the UK?

Thanks to all

Lots on eBay, just make sure the ones you buy are stainless steel and NOT chrome as the first sign of a salted road and the chrome will suffer and they will look awful...

As for size, use a tape measure and see what diameter the pipe is....

• Like 1

Thank you very much

Very helpful. Is measurement I need the diameter of the trim that is on the car or another measurement. Apologies for my complete ignorance of all things mechanical. 

Thanks to all

Wow, so even with the current exchange rate, international shipping and import tax, it would still cost twice as much from a dealer? :unsure:

I would guess the size of the exhaust pipe is around 65mm, but that's just a guess.

Have you tried cleaning up the ones that are on your car? You'd be surprised at the results that can be achieved with some metal polish and a bit of elbow grease. The reason I had that part number to hand was because I planned to buy a new pair for my previous car until I had a go at cleaning them up. Metal polish, and a bit of rubbing with steel wool and a scouring pad from the kitchen had mine looking very respectable.

• Like 1

Thank you very much

Very helpful. Is measurement I need the diameter of the trim that is on the car or another measurement. Apologies for my complete ignorance of all things mechanical. 

Thanks to all

Thank you all. I have decide to go with the "attempt resurrection" method. I have asked my local sole owner garage who has said he should be able to improve them for me. I do not have any tools, equipment or energy. I will take the car to him next Tuesday and in the meantime will dose the trims with WD40 to help the corrosion removal process.

On 04/01/2017 at 1:34 PM, Haylands said:

Lots on eBay, just make sure the ones you buy are stainless steel and NOT chrome as the first sign of a salted road and the chrome will suffer and they will look awful...

As for size, use a tape measure and see what diameter the pipe is....

I second the comment on chrome tips, I bought some a while ago, they looked fine for about a month!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...