• Join Gold & Save!
      Join Gold & Save!
    • 1000's of Lexus For Sale
      1000's of Lexus For Sale
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear
    • Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
      Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
    • Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
      Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Farqui

gs450h
Hunting for a GS 450H

159 posts in this topic

A great read this thread. Very interesting and informative.

1 person likes this

Cheers Paul, has been a bit of learning curve but we seem to be getting there.

7 hours ago, Farqui said:

Oh and the dealer who sold me the car has stumped up for a good portion of the new exhaust, happy days :thumbup:

Excellent news :smile:  Always nice to hear about good dealer experiences.  I can't remember where you bought it from?

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Shahpor said:
17 hours ago, Farqui said:
Oh and the dealer who sold me the car has stumped up for a good portion of the new exhaust, happy days 

"Excellent news   Always nice to hear about good dealer experiences.  I can't remember where you bought it from?"

Good Motors in Bury, they were a little reluctant and tried ignoring me a bit but came 'good' in the end :yes:

Must admit I'm a little concerned about aspects of this thread. I've never ever felt that a Lexua dealer tried to rip me off for servicing or repairs and I'm on my 5th now. Happened plenty of times with other marques but never Lexus. In fact the dealerships always carried out minor repairs foc making the whole ownership experience satisfying. I hope this one is a one-off

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Must admit I'm a little concerned about aspects of this thread. I've never ever felt that a Lexus dealer tried to rip me off for servicing or repairs and I'm on my 5th now. Happened plenty of times with other marques but never Lexus. In fact the dealerships always carried out minor repairs foc making the whole ownership experience satisfying. I hope this one is a one-off

I was wary of going to a dealer but with a new (to me) and complex vehicle I figured it was worth the extra cost, especially as they will then warranty the Hybrid components for another 12 months.  

I have to admit that the Lexus health check is comforting but I really don't know what they are playing at with the dampers.  I've yet to return for my Hybrid diagnostic/warranty but when I do I will bring up the dampers again and hope to get a consistent answer. 

Does anyone know if you can tell how many miles a Hybrid system has covered since the 12v supply was reconnected?  Maybe via the OBD port or some hidden menu on the headunit?  Or is this a Lexus only/Techstream check?

Will have an answer on that one for you tomorrow Lee - give me a nudge if I forget.

Richard

1 person likes this

Thanks Richard, much appreciated.

You know what, I may just need to familiarise with the mpg screen. It logs in 1 minute slices right, up to 30 mins across the screen. When I come back to the car after a few hours the previous history is still shown. However if I don't drive for a few days, does the slice history clear itself?

Hmmm, this doesn't tally as the slice data was clear when I collected the car after the zoorst work (left for just 6hrs).

The calc'd average and average trip at the bottom of the screen are still retained, until manually reset.

On 3/20/2017 at 10:26 PM, hybridbatterysolutions said:

Will have an answer on that one for you tomorrow Lee - give me a nudge if I forget.

Richard

:toot: