Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 DHP Wheels - WTB and question

On 1/6/2017 at 8:18 PM, goldtop said:

The DHP wheels are all 5 the same, so when looking at them, the elongated bit of the 7 cut-outs is towards the top-right/bottom-left (which keeps things simple, but sets off the OCD in me). So they all look like this:

Image00009.jpg

Any notions of 'improved airflow' are marketing BS or wishful thinking.

I have them on mine but don't like them (for looks nor tyre choice nor alloy quality), and next time that it's tyre change time, I may swap to non-DHP wheels.

Anyone know where to get the centre caps shown in the picture above as they do not appear to be OEM items?

• 2 weeks later...

So wheels refurbed and new tyres fitted

Opted for a powdercoated finish all over rather than go with the polished lip that the DHPs would have had - this should be longer lasting than a polished finish, which all seem to suffer water ingress pretty quickly.

Centre caps are just plain push fit caps off eBay, sprayed to match.  I have stickered logos to with the caps , however they are roughly 52mm diameter, which leaves a 1mm 'gap' all round. Unsure how my OCD will cope with this, but will try them once the weather warms up a bit to ensure they have every chance of staying on.

Tyres: Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 235/55 R17 99V AO, MFS  (A rated for sound (67dB), A rated for wet weather performance, C for fuel efficiency) - £394 delivered

Took it for a spin up the M1 and found the tyres soooo much quieter than the ditchfinders that were on it - maybe expected as the old tyres were quite badly weathered and had cracks appearing on the sidewalls. 

Also noticed the slight increase in overall diameter introduced by using 235/55/17 as made the speedo more accurate by 2mph in comparison with the Waze app (used to read 4-5mph higher on the old 225/60/16s)

There doesn't appear to be much if any increase in harshness at road speeds, it still retains that factory feel to it, so a win all round from my perspective.

The new setup has also removed a significant wheel wobble I was getting at m-way speeds, which is nice.

Steering weight feels very slightly heavier, but this could just be down to being slightly under-inflated. Will check pressures with a digital gauge, but I had asked for 32psi all round.

Lastly - there is a difference in the wheel nut - the DHPs require a conical nut, in comparison with the flatter nut of the 16" wheel. Luckily, the wheel refurb place had 16 suitable spares which they sprayed up whilst i waited.

I love the way it now looks, however my attention is now on the loose and broken bits of trim which are letting the side down somewhat.

IMG_5813.JPG

IMG_5812 (Edited).JPG

IMG_5814.JPG

IMG_5817.JPG

IMG_5818.JPG

• Like 2

On 1/6/2017 at 7:09 PM, plexus914 said:

Infos - "DHP" wheel:

+ Infos - "DHP" wheel center caps:

Apologies i missed this post, and it appears to clear up whether DHP wheels were available earlier than the Mk4.  Assuming this was the wheels only, not the whole set of DHP suspension tweaks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links