Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So, if not the IS-F, what else?

1 minute ago, Warrington guy said:

I'm sure there was a tread about modifying your exhaust that you wouldn't loose your warranty 

You are right about that fella it's just that I'd like to go a little further with it complete system including headers and I'd like the exhaust to be switchable.

And that invalidates it.

Big Rat

1 minute ago, Warrington guy said:

Sounds good . Would like a set off PPE header myself . Think there's a couple of guys on here with switchable value exhaust. I'm sure there's a guy called Charlie with one on the site . And sound amazing 

Yep 👍 that's the route I'd like had a few other cars in the past making just throse changes and for me it adds hugely to the journey joy !

And the fact of the matter is those cars I kept longer than  all the others where no changes we're made.

Big Rat

An Aston N430 with manual box has crossed my mind, as I think depreciation would be low, and it should appreciate after another 5 years. But that would mean keeping it to <3000 miles  a year. Then I'd need another car as a daily driver. 

Someone asked why RC-F to Alfa. The answer is that one day I'll want to change and I always start to plan my next car early (12-24 months ahead). Part of the satisfaction is the hunt for the right car. 

After being in Lexus Chester today for a health check (Still 5mm tread on the RC-F tyres after 13000 miles) I will certainly have a good look at the LC500 when it arrives in the summer.

3 hours ago, MNMJ said:

An Aston N430 with manual box has crossed my mind, as I think depreciation would be low, and it should appreciate after another 5 years. But that would mean keeping it to <3000 miles  a year. Then I'd need another car as a daily driver. 

Someone asked why RC-F to Alfa. The answer is that one day I'll want to change and I always start to plan my next car early (12-24 months ahead). Part of the satisfaction is the hunt for the right car. 

After being in Lexus Chester today for a health check (Still 5mm tread on the RC-F tyres after 13000 miles) I will certainly have a good look at the LC500 when it arrives in the summer.

I understand he search is a part of the experience and I totally agree. Just seems moving from the rc-f to the Alfa is a step back? Just wondered what the motivation behind the decision was. Aston is a good shout. Was looking at the v8v s sport shift today. 2011 can be had for late 50's to mid 60's.

The other options I looked at when I bought mine in May were the C63, XFR and M3 saloon. 

I would add E63, XJR and S8 to that now. 

And if money wasn't an object then the GSF, RS7 and Giulia Quadrifoglio. 

I guess great minds think alike, my list is similar : my first choice was an evora but couldn't stretch to it, also considered a supercharged jag, m3 and c63 but the ISF won because of the reliability, rarity and fuel consumption (unbelievably!). The wife vitoed a porsche as I'm too young for a mid life crisis. 

Future thoughts are the evora, alfa QF or RCF, but still loving the ISF for now 😊

7 hours ago, emjay82 said:

RCF would be a nice progression from the ISF but could do with a little more depreciation over the next couple of years please 😁....... 

Already at 40k so she'd 25k in 2 years!

8 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

I guess great minds think alike, my list is similar : my first choice was an evora but couldn't stretch to it, also considered a supercharged jag, m3 and c63 but the ISF won because of the reliability, rarity and fuel consumption (unbelievably!). The wife vitoed a porsche as I'm too young for a mid life crisis. 

Future thoughts are the evora, alfa QF or RCF, but still loving the ISF for now 😊

Too young for a porker! Never. You won't choose a 911 once you drive an Evora. You chose an isf because you see past the name of a car to its actual attributes. That thinking will get you in an Evora. I was certain I was buying a 911....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

2 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Already at 40k so she'd 25k in 2 years!

Looking hopeful......apologies can't remember who's RCF was at the Bluewater meet but I was pleasantly surprised by the rear seat and boot space. 

5'10" is about the tallest you can get in the back of the RC-F and yes, the boot is pleasantly big

The Alfa is very well packaged; it feels bigger inside in all ways than the IS-F. I have a 5'11" son, so that's one reason for the Alfa. Its also properly fast compared to the RC-F, which is itself a (small) step up from the IS-F.

Before I change, I'll let this forum know in case anyone fancies buying my RC-F 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

5'10" is about the tallest you can get in the back of the RC-F and yes, the boot is pleasantly big

The Alfa is very well packaged; it feels bigger inside in all ways than the IS-F. I have a 5'11" son, so that's one reason for the Alfa. Its also properly fast compared to the RC-F, which is itself a (small) step up from the IS-F.

Before I change, I'll let this forum know in case anyone fancies buying my RC-F 

Good to know about the rear seat limitations, my son's only 3, so not a huge consideration at the moment 😁. Although not many on the roads the ISF, will look increasingly dated up against the RCF and GSF over the next few years. At some point it would be good to take a step up to the more modern F models.

The Alfa stats are pretty impressive, knocking off close to 2 seconds from 0-100mph compared to the ISF / RCF.

Agree with pretty much all said, I'm still curious as to whether a new ISF will be offered, if it is I don't think it will be a V8 more likely a twin turbo V6.

Not having the consideration of children, I like the compactness relatively speaking of IS/M3 sized saloons.

If not I would certainly consider a GSF in a couple of years, accepting its larger vehicle.

Big Rat

On 10/01/2017 at 10:45 PM, MNMJ said:

Before I got the IS-F I tried Infiniti G37, AMG C63, VXR8 and Subaru WRX Sti.

Infiniti: Too rare to be able to get hold of the right spec as an ex-demo and ordering a manual one ti be built would be financial suicide,

C63: £10k more than the IS-F for similar age / miles, also Merc dealers.

VXR8: HUge fun but too big for me. 

Subaru: Bit rough. And I'd already had 5 ever faster Scoobies

After 5 years in the IS-F, I tried several Jaguar F-Types and a Jaguar XES before settling on the RC-F. If Jag had an XER, that probably would have been the one for me as I like 4 doors. The XES was too slow, so a 5 litre V8 would have done the trick

Its looking very likely that my next switch will be into an Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio. A brief test drive was great fun in Dec, and I'll be going back for a longer outing when the I get time, and when the weather is better. The dealer experience is a concern though, so lets hope Jag build the R to give me a choice. Or if Lexus make another IS-F....

Gotta admit the Giulia Quadrifoglio is the best looking car in that class, and has outstanding performance. 

Regarding the dealer network, if you do go Alfa next then I would visit Chris Variava Alfa Romeo in Nottingham....my previous car was a new Alfa Giulietta Quadrifoglio purchased from them and have nothing but praise about Variava for customer service. 

The go to guy there is Paul Jones...he's  head of Alfa sales, an Alfa nut, and helps run the East Mids owners club. They even sorted me out free tickets to the World Superbikes at Donnington for my birthday on behalf of Alfa Romeo as the 4C is the official safety car. 

You not fancy a GSF instead though? 

Watched the latest episode of 'The Grand Tour' last night. I thought Top Gear was vaguely a car programme anymore but this is even less so. Clarkson did however review the Alfa and was very impressed with it. Usual Alfa quirks but driving experience and the engine were reported to be excellent. 

37 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

Whilst there are cracking deals on nearly new XFRs, both it and the GS-F are too big for my liking. 

I agree but hoping the GSF will grow on me and would like to see it again in the flesh, don't think they're photogenic....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links