Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So, if not the IS-F, what else?

The only reason I went for the ISF was because I was so impressed with the IS250, then was one over by the prospect of the rare V8! Had spells with 's' Audi's and don't fancy going there again :-(. I like to go a little off piste with my car choice and not sure what else would give me that. Would probably stick with an IS or RX and sacrifice the performance. Little Porsche would be nice but not practical for my kid. 

• Like 2

Hi Davi

How are you matey, I've got my folding coffee tokens ready for Sunday !

Have you had your steering problem sorted yet ?

To answer your post if the 'EFFY' did not exist it would probably be a C63 Saloon for me - I'd find a decent Indy for service and repairs though.

Big Rat

12 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Hi Davi

How are you matey, I've got my folding coffee tokens ready for Sunday !

Have you had your steering problem sorted yet ?

To answer your post if the 'EFFY' did not exist it would probably be a C63 Saloon for me - I'd find a decent Indy for service and repairs though.

Big Rat

Neh. I've got to set a date for Lexus to have one last stab at it :(

C63 - dirty. Mind you, I was looking at one the other day, and I think age isn't being too kind to them.

12 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

C63 - dirty. Mind you, I was looking at one the other day, and I think age isn't being too kind to them.

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

Hopefully they will get it sorted for you fella, I think you are are right I was working on a property the other day and there was a C63 on the drive an early one in white with black wheels - you could have a point.

i see the the next Lex LS 500 has got a twin turbo V6 petrol , I guess there's a possibility if there is another ISF that will be the engine, or at least a tuned version of.

Big Rat

My shortlist had the ISF, M3 saloon and the C63. Didn't like the interior on the M3 and the image of C63 owners was off putting but if the ISF didn't exist it would have been the C63.  

• Like 1

Hmmmm difficult one, I don't like the image of C63, RS4 etc, possibly a XFR or a VXR8, I know its a Vauxhall as such but there is something about them, at a stretch a Maserati, yes I would like one of those.

11 minutes ago, Fatts said:

I think Audi RS4 would probably be my choice even ahead of the ISF.

I can only think it's because you like spending time in the Audi service department 😉.... Only jesting....I'm a lover of all cars and no doubt the RS4 is a great machine but the ISF was my preference. 

As Mark has mentioned the VXR8 it was one I had forgotten about, a mate of mine is soon to get into one of these, they are fairly 

rare as well, there is a pretty good vid on YouTube where one is in contest with a GSF, think it's either Autocar or Auto Express.

Manual and auto available as well.

Big Rat

Before I got the IS-F I tried Infiniti G37, AMG C63, VXR8 and Subaru WRX Sti.

Infiniti: Too rare to be able to get hold of the right spec as an ex-demo and ordering a manual one ti be built would be financial suicide,

C63: £10k more than the IS-F for similar age / miles, also Merc dealers.

VXR8: HUge fun but too big for me. 

Subaru: Bit rough. And I'd already had 5 ever faster Scoobies

After 5 years in the IS-F, I tried several Jaguar F-Types and a Jaguar XES before settling on the RC-F. If Jag had an XER, that probably would have been the one for me as I like 4 doors. The XES was too slow, so a 5 litre V8 would have done the trick

Its looking very likely that my next switch will be into an Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio. A brief test drive was great fun in Dec, and I'll be going back for a longer outing when the I get time, and when the weather is better. The dealer experience is a concern though, so lets hope Jag build the R to give me a choice. Or if Lexus make another IS-F....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Before I got the IS-F I tried Infiniti G37, AMG C63, VXR8 and Subaru WRX Sti.

Infiniti: Too rare to be able to get hold of the right spec as an ex-demo and ordering a manual one ti be built would be financial suicide,

C63: £10k more than the IS-F for similar age / miles, also Merc dealers.

VXR8: HUge fun but too big for me. 

Subaru: Bit rough. And I'd already had 5 ever faster Scoobies

After 5 years in the IS-F, I tried several Jaguar F-Types and a Jaguar XES before settling on the RC-F. If Jag had an XER, that probably would have been the one for me as I like 4 doors. The XES was too slow, so a 5 litre V8 would have done the trick

Its looking very likely that my next switch will be into an Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio. A brief test drive was great fun in Dec, and I'll be going back for a longer outing when the I get time, and when the weather is better. The dealer experience is a concern though, so lets hope Jag build the R to give me a choice. Or if Lexus make another IS-F....

Why move from the rc-f to the Alfa?

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I know it's a coupe and a couple of quid more, AM V8 anybody ?

Big Rat

Considering my luck with reliability, I think I'd stay well clear :)

15 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Considering my luck with reliability, I think I'd stay well clear :)

Me thinks you could be right about AM matey, never owned one,had one as a service loan car once, fully appreciate that it had not been exactly taken care of by its 'drivers ' but my god the noise and presence gave you a tickle in the trouser department !

Big Rat

Edited by Big Rat
Poor grammar !

9 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Looked at one but bought the Evora instead.

9 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Looked at one but bought the Evora instead.

Stop teasing me with that word Evora , Mrs Rat will be very upset with me if I use that word 😳

2 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

You get a nice exhaust on the isf . Oh boy you can get some enjoyment out of them 

Had that chat on here last week, it's got 2 years warranty to go so I'm a bit limited with changes - for now 😌

Big Rat

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links