Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TRD trunk spoiler

Bearing in mind that not everyone wants to pay 700 euro for the genuine TRD spoiler and copies sold only in the USA and in Taiwan ( have to wait for 3-4 weeks this delivery ),

I decided to do a replica.

20170109_113535.jpg

20161227_164600.jpg

IMG-20161227-WA0000.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Smart, well done.

Where did you source a sample to mould from?

When will you install on the vehicle?

How do you intend to secure it?

thanks! :)

I need 1-2 week

I plan two options:
1) 3M adhesive tape
2) Plastic Adhesive Sealant

• Like 1

On Tue Jan 10 2017 at 10:28 PM, LED-BOY said:

thanks! :)

I need 1-2 week

I plan two options:
1) 3M adhesive tape
2) Plastic Adhesive Sealant

3M tape is more than enough, and easy to remove it needed. Thats what I used on my old BMW, even after a few 140mph runs on the autobahn the spolier was still fully bound using just 3M tape. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capese21 said:

Great work!!

Will it look as good as the TRD one once finished? Isn't it injection moulded originally?

Post some more pics.

Ed:winkiss:

Thanks Ed !! I was planning to use a sealant for car glass. Well kept and always easy to remove. Enough heat well and cut with thin fishing line.

It will look very good. I later will show you the material that I use. He is very flexible and can withstand high loads on the break.

• 2 weeks later...

i suppose you only have to make a slight change to the design remove any markings that

relates to TRD design so it can't be classed as an imatation and more of a 3rd party part.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 200h said:

i suppose you only have to make a slight change to the design remove any markings that

relates to TRD design so it can't be classed as an imatation and more of a 3rd party part.

Of course!! TR-D style :))))))

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links