Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I would love to have the nerve to do this......

How many times have many of us talked about parking our beloved Lexii as far away from others as possible on supermarket car parks!!!

I always park as far away from the store entrance as possible, I certainly wouldn't have the nerve to do this though!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-38594087

Don't blame him really. Current cost of ''Supermarket Dings'' so far,

My car, twice, £1800  (one did have the honesty to admit)

Grandaughter's Fiesta last week £940.

Two things I have learnt in the last year;

No matter what damage, it's always about £900.

Bodyshop man will always start conversation with ''Couldn't be in a worse position really''

If you do park in a far off corner of a deserted Supermarket, do you find when you return that somebody has parked next to you?

I guess it's a good idea. If I had the gonads to do it. But I have enough problems with able bodied and selfish buggers parking in the disabled bays when I'm trying to get a space being as I am disabled. I just wish there were more parking attendants round to sort them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marrat said:

Yep, no matter where I seem to park, someone parks right next to me, as close as possible. 

Same here i do not mind the walk, so park as faraway as possible. Guarantee car parked at side when i arrive. Even when car parks empty, must think its lonely.

Just a word of warning. If any of these car parks have rules and regs you could find you invite a ticket by one of their car park dictators by parking outside of the white lines.

• Like 1

There's nothing more annoying than parking in a near empty supermarket car park well away from other vehicles and coming out of the store to find some clown has parked right next to you leaving you barely enough room to open your door. 😠😠😠

Hi yes I agree about the problems with people who can,t park ,I,ve had a few dents removed professionally over the last couple of years at £80 a pop.The downside is as stated ,parking companies don,t miss a trick .Although not using 2 spaces I used to  park when possible on the end of a row partly  across the shaded area with a larger gap on 1 side and no one parking on the other ( if you get my drift )  not any more ! had 2 fines over the last 9 months  1 at Sainsbury and 1 at Aldi both at quiet times so beware

Dave

Another thought crossed my mind on this matter.  It is possible that a really disgruntled bod, who is having a really bad day, might just decide to 'key' the offending motor which is taking up two spaces. The inconsiderate driver would have quite a shock on his return then wouldn't he!

I have a scintilla of sympathy for this guy but, as you can see from the photograph, there are a lot of empty spaces in the car park so he wasn't really causing anyone any problems.

One issue that should be addressed by new car park builders is to allow wider spaces as modern cars (my RX included) are wider than in the past. The RX is actually quite hard to squeeze out of in a narrow space as the doors are so thick. 

34 minutes ago, true blue said:

Hi yes I agree about the problems with people who can,t park ,I,ve had a few dents removed professionally over the last couple of years at £80 a pop.The downside is as stated ,parking companies don,t miss a trick .Although not using 2 spaces I used to  park when possible on the end of a row partly  across the shaded area with a larger gap on 1 side and no one parking on the other ( if you get my drift )  not any more ! had 2 fines over the last 9 months  1 at Sainsbury and 1 at Aldi both at quiet times so beware

Dave

Begs the question as to why more people do not shop on-line?

The store comes to you and consequently one does not use petrol,meet ignorant or irate people, have to  find a convenient car parking space and check the car for pings/dings or worse.

Regards

John

Hi John ,I know what you are saying regarding on line shopping ,I did try it on a few occasions but discovered that the muppets that could not park were probably the same muppets who packed my shopping ;got fed up with wrong and substitute items

Dave

45 minutes ago, true blue said:

Hi John ,I know what you are saying regarding on line shopping ,I did try it on a few occasions but discovered that the muppets that could not park were probably the same muppets who packed my shopping ;got fed up with wrong and substitute items

Dave

It is not a panacea I know Dave as Mrs Roy occasionally receives 1 carrot or 1 banana, when she knows (and they know) that she ordered multiples !!

Regards

John

There is no question about the likelihood that if you park your Lexus in a near-empty car-park you are going to find a car in a

neighbouring space on your return.  In fact, my wife and I used to have a running bet about this, with me getting a point every

time there was a car and she getting a point if there wasn't.   We stopped keeping score after I was so far ahead that it was

no longer fun.  Also, I have noticed that in a full or full-ish car-park, the car replacing one of your original neighbours after you

made an effort to find suitably well-kept and undamaged ones is likely to be a semi-wreck or, worse, a semi-wreck with baby-

seats.

• Like 1

GOOD ON HIM !!

Supermarkets should have CCTV installed within their carparks as you have no choice to use them when doing the shopping etc - yet a lot will put up disclaimers stating they are not responsible for damage caused by the clowns that cause it. Having CCTV would give you half a chance of finding out who has damaged your car.

Other than the lines indicating where to park are there actual rules showing how to park? - sounds daft and this is surely a given as everyone knows what the lines mean but are there actually any indications shown anywhere on how to use the spaces (other than disable or family spaces etc) So if the supermarkets use the disclaimer for not being responsible for damage then do they have a leg to stand on in how you park to protect your car?

I suppose it applies to all car parks

:wacko:

I do it all of the time and have done for years to protect the car. Its not a crime and unless the car park is rammed its hardly an inconvenience, its just my bad parking lol :wink3: If its rammed I park in the nearby deserted B&Q car park and walk to the supermarket. 

As for online shopping - yep probably my biggest bugbear is Tesco staff blocking the aisles with the collection trolleys as they pick the stuff..catch 22 really. 

I've identified my preferred parking spaces at a couple of supermarket carparks - when the 'line painters' get near the end of the parking area they often don't have enough space left for 3 bays, so split them into 2 giving lots of room either side. Doesn't always work but worth checking out at your local supermarket. Also means my wife knows where to find me! (+ or -)

Edited by lex3
addition
  • Like 1

I am fortunate at work to have plenty of spaces to choose from. A few of us park in one area of the car park and we always park in alternate spaces thus leaving plenty of room. However the one time I have picked up a scratch in a supermarket I was glad I took the smart insurance out. Repair cost £10 to fix. Worth the peace of mind for me.

On another note. In a pay and display car park. If you bought two tickets could you legally park across two spaces?

9 hours ago, marrat said:

Yep, no matter where I seem to park, someone parks right next to me, as close as possible. 

We were on holiday just after Christmas so a quiet time.  I parked the GS in an almost deserted 300 space car park.  On return there was a car parked next to us. My wife had to be careful getting in. It makes me cross at how stupid people are. 

We call it them Strawberry Pickers as when we have been to PYO they  are the type who always stop at the first row when what is worth picking is a short walk up the field. 

Lots of people seem to be hard wired and have no sense.

Ed:angry:

• Like 1

Why should parents & children be privileged to have wider spaces and closer to the store?

If it's so that the doors can be opened wider for easier loading and unloading then surely that's indicative of the spaces being too narrow generally. If it's so that they don't have to walk so far to the store, then they should be making better use of their younger legs rather than the OAP's who have to walk 100metres or so.

its safer being closer to the store when you have to guide your children across a busy car park

its not too bad for us as we have a 3 yr old and a baby of 18 days ,one in the pram and one holding your hand.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links