Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sequential numbering of each item within each thread

Will the people responsible for this/these/all threads, please give thoughtful consideration to showing a sequential number at say, the top right of each thread entry,so that easy reference can be made should a later/subsequent thread entrant can quote it if appropriate.e.g first entry is 1, second is 2, fifty-fifth is 55 etc.

Not all entries currently quote the earlier thread to which they are referring and the introduction of a sequential numbering system might help.

Such practices occur on other sites and prove very useful.

Many thanks.

Regards

John

That was lost on me but now I understand! My parents smoked them at one point!

Films and TV programmes that you have not seen for a number of years bring back fond memories. The Prisoner, I recollect, was on a Sunday evening. The white BALL that captured escapees was very frightening at the time. I bought the box set but when I came to view the first couple of episodes, it did not have that "buzz" and I felt somewhat deflated.

Possibly it is a mistake to go back and look at films we loved in our youth. Another film, which I thought was fantastic at the time, turned out to be very disappointing - "Sink the Bismark!"

The special effects have come a long way. Now they can digitally create dead actors! I find that quite disturbing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluesman said:

Don't forget the vouchers you got inside each packet which enabled you to save up for your funeral while smoking the thing that would put you in your coffin.

So, what do you think of the suggestion of sequential numbering, Mike ?

Regards

John

May I make an additional request regarding thread formatting? 

Would others find it useful to have the thread originator identified in subsequent posts made by him/her within the thread? It would make it much easier to see who's thread it is without having to scroll to the top of the thread....

59 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

May I make an additional request regarding thread formatting? 

Would others find it useful to have the thread originator identified in subsequent posts made by him/her within the thread? It would make it much easier to see who's thread it is without having to scroll to the top of the thread....

Seems sensible to me.

Regards

John

49 minutes ago, Farqui said:

I can think of some more derogatory versions but they really would be rude!

Anyhoo back to my question, are they listening in here? tap-tap...

I have now raised the question 3 times Lee in threads.I do not know how to raise it with the Administrators directly.

I have asked Bluesman (Mike) and he has not as yet responded. If I was a new memeber ,he would be onto me like a shot !!

Regards

John