Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clarkson IS-F test?

Davi

One of last ways of watching in reasonable clarity is to go onto the dailymotion site and type In Top Gear Uk-Season 12 Episode 5HD (2007)

Cannot forward the link matey its disabled .

Big Rat

• Like 1

The full episode/review should be on iplayer/Amazon video etc. Then you can watch Tiff Needel's 5th Gear review afterwards and hear him moan about the rev limiter beep for 5 minutes 😡 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

The full episode/review should be on iplayer/Amazon video etc. Then you can watch Tiff Needel's 5th Gear review afterwards and hear him moan about the rev limiter beep for 5 minutes 😡 

Yes it was about as constructive as when Needle did the IS F and M3 comparison on 5th gear with potato head and the 'Pretty Girls ) 😏

Big Rat

• Like 1

At the time the isf was seen as overweight and not as nimble as the competitors but all the reviews about it when it was announced it was no longer being made were gushing! The 8 speed heat box was slammed and 7/8 speed boxes are common place now, the exhaust was slammed and that style had since been copied as well. The reliability is a low applauded etc etc 

• Like 2

Just watched it on Kodi. 

Remember watching it originally when it first aired on TV, always wanted an ISF after seeing that episode of Top Gear and after years of mundane company cars I've got my wish. 

Still glad I chose it over an M3 saloon as that was one of the options when I was looking....even if Clarkson did prefer the BMW. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just catching up with this week's Grand Tour and Clarkson reviews the GSF. Started off with the normal Clarkson negative rant but concluded that it's a better driving car than the Germans! A mainstream postive review for the F's at long last. 

• Like 1

Hi Mark.

I agree.

I'm sure the GSF is a great car, but I don't think it is worth that sort of money. Just think how many ISFs (in silver) you could buy with the equivalent money.

• Like 1

It was funny because alot of the comments he made in favour of the GSF, such as the V8 rather other German V6 turbo's, V8 noise, noise above 3500 rpm etc, etc are also features of the ISF but he mainly slagged off. He didn't like the body styling or the 'clumsy' interior. No way I could justify GSF currently at £50,000. ISF is great value. 

• Like 1

On a separate note, I still hope Lexus stick with the V8, especially as the new E63 Merc is a 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8, putting out 563bhp. In any event they need to go to the turbo/supercharged route in my opinion to keep up with the competition. All the F cars, all hit 0-60 in around 4.5 seconds which is nearly a second slower than other offerings. 

3 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Hi Mark.

I agree.

I'm sure the GSF is a great car, but I don't think it is worth that sort of money. Just think how many ISFs (in silver) you could buy with the equivalent money.

Or blue, no on second thoughts you probably couldn't find one....................

8 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Or blue, no on second thoughts you probably couldn't find one....................

I've just found 2 blues ones on Autotrader for you :wink3:

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

A friend of a friend is selling his 10 plate blue ISF shortly, looks like blue is new silver. :wink3:

Ha 

That will be a long time on the market everyone knows Silver - sell - move - accelerate - appreciate - faster 😏

Ok maybe not, are we on here the future GS-F buyers ?

Big Rat

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Ha 

That will be a long time on the market everyone knows Silver - sell - move - accelerate - appreciate - faster 😏

Ok maybe not, are we on here the future GS-F buyers ?

Big Rat

I'd rather go of an RC-F.

I've driven quite a few spanking Lexus vehicles since I purchased the F.

The interior of the new vehicles is very good. The last loan car I had was IS-350H. Build quality was excellent.

I agree with you on the GS-F looks. I don't think it will ever grow on me - EVEN in silver.

I really Am fond of Guinness oops sorry I meant to say large capacity saloons I find Long coupes doors irksome

But without doubt the GS-F does have some challenging angles, the RC-F is clearly the better looker, I'd have to drive both and go from there I suppose from what I've read the GS-F is the better steer, anyone on here got a gs-F ?

By the way RC-F x2 racing at Daytona in IMSA got motors tv 📺 on record 16hrs 🤣

@gdh300 has stared a thread on the appropriate forum .

Big Rat

• Like 1

It's interesting looking back at these car reviews. I remember watching the review of the E46 M3 v Audi B7 V8 S4. Clarkson & May said that the M3 was clearly good on a track, but the S4 was quicker in the real world and it would be the car they would prefer and drive every day.

I owned & drove that series of S4 to my 1st test drive of a 2009 IS-F. I expected the ride to be harsh given what I'd read and wondered if the build quality would be on a par with the Audi, which were considered to have some of the best quality interiors at the time.  After my test drive I drove my much loved low mileage S4 home and to my surprise it felt far less refined with a ride quality that was far harsher.

Just goes to show how much notice we should take of these reviews. Top Gesr in particular had a bit of a thing at the time about cars developed on track having their ride quality ruined for the road. Yet the IS-F was far more refined than a previous generation of performance car that they rated - go figure!! 

• Like 1

Never had had 2 E46 M3's one a csl

Agree with motoring journalist thing pretty much all of them are in a manufacturers pocket to a lesser or great degree,

Had a 335i m convertible on run flats a bloody chariot on cobbles would be more comfortable. 

Gotta love the IS-F on the whole.

Bug Rat

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links