Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying a new IS300h

Hi Guys,

I am new to these forums and looking to buy my first IS300h. The car in question is advertised at a local garage for £15995:

http://www.autoventure.co.uk/used-LEXUS-IS-Leicester-Leicestershire-994268

The left hand side rear light has cracked but the garage will happily replace that and also its due a service, which they will happily do themselves but i am trying to get them to take it to Lexus for servicing.

1 owner from new, full service history, 3 months warranty on engine and transmission.

The deal on this car seems to good to be true? I was going to part-ex my car (focus - YP59UJL) for which he first offered 2800 but now offering £4000 a day later ( i asked for 4000 as my budget was 12k + my car)!

Does this smell fishy or simply me just been lucky and getting a really good deal here? Reason i am asking is because cars of similar model and age/mileage are nearly 17k! Please advise.

1 hour ago, Maz169 said:

Hi Guys,

I am new to these forums and looking to buy my first IS300h. The car in question is advertised at a local garage for £15995:

http://www.autoventure.co.uk/used-LEXUS-IS-Leicester-Leicestershire-994268

The left hand side rear light has cracked but the garage will happily replace that and also its due a service, which they will happily do themselves but i am trying to get them to take it to Lexus for servicing.

1 owner from new, full service history, 3 months warranty on engine and transmission.

The deal on this car seems to good to be true? I was going to part-ex my car (focus - YP59UJL) for which he first offered 2800 but now offering £4000 a day later ( i asked for 4000 as my budget was 12k + my car)!

Does this smell fishy or simply me just been lucky and getting a really good deal here? Reason i am asking is because cars of similar model and age/mileage are nearly 17k! Please advise.

Seems about right pricing wise for an independent dealer.

Does the car have full Lexus service history?

The warranty probably wont cover much apart from the actual 2.5l engine and the CVT transmission. Its unlikely to cover hybrid components.

the car has two existing stamps from lexus liverpool. one at 8k and 15k miles.

The hybrid components are still in warranty by lexus as its 5yrs or 60,000 miles. I am hoping the warranty gets passed onto the new owner?

I HPI'd the car and there was an alert on financing with agreement type unit stocking, which is normal?

I test drove the car and it seemed fine. There is no damage on the car apart from the rear light. 

If you like it & it drives well and is clear on HPI then I cannot see what else you can do other than the deal.  Looks nice in that Blue, interior colour to. 

Check the price to be sure. What car do a free valuation online.

I paid under book for my GS & got over book for my trade in at  Lexus main agent. Sometime they want stuff to move. Lexus as good as they are are not as popular as a Golf so it may have been in stock for a while.

Ed:winkiss:

Thank you for the input ed, its good to know. I have paid the deposit on the car and he is taking it for a service at Lexus. I will be picking up the car on Sunday once the finances are sorted.

A happy new member of the Lexus family..!!

Hi Mayur, very interesting posts. I've seen Autoventure listing quite a few IS300s over the past few months, I wonder if they are savvy at the auctions or have an 'in' with some fleet manager. A few listed are quite tempting, although I'll admit still at the top end of my budget. Look forwarding to seeing how you get on, I'm sure you be very happy with the IS! 

2 hours ago, gdh300 said:

Hi Mayur, very interesting posts. I've seen Autoventure listing quite a few IS300s over the past few months, I wonder if they are savvy at the auctions or have an 'in' with some fleet manager. A few listed are quite tempting, although I'll admit still at the top end of my budget. Look forwarding to seeing how you get on, I'm sure you be very happy with the IS! 

I believe they take all the stock that Lexus Leicester dont want/need 

Thats a fair guess rayaans.

Also i have just found this site and put the car through it and its come back as  We have identified that your Lexus is subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall.https://forms.toyota.co.uk/lexus-recall-checker

I checked 5 other cars and they all had the same as above. Is there an recall issue with these cars or is it the service campaign. Does anyone here know?

When i check on this site: http://www.lexus-tech.eu/euro5search/campaigns, it says no open or closed campaigns. Which one is telling the truth? I will be ringing them and finding out tomorrow, whats up with it.

Edited by Maz169
update to web link.
  • Like 1

I put my previous IS300H in and it cam back the same. It was a perfect car bought from a main Lexus dealer and I then traded it in to the same dealer for my present GS. I wouldn't worry about it. 

13 hours ago, Maz169 said:

Thats a fair guess rayaans.

Also i have just found this site and put the car through it and its come back as  We have identified that your Lexus is subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall.https://forms.toyota.co.uk/lexus-recall-checker

I checked 5 other cars and they all had the same as above. Is there an recall issue with these cars or is it the service campaign. Does anyone here know?

When i check on this site: http://www.lexus-tech.eu/euro5search/campaigns, it says no open or closed campaigns. Which one is telling the truth? I will be ringing them and finding out tomorrow, whats up with it.

Nothing worth worrying about.

Probably just a recall or something. Ive also got that now that Ive checked my wifes reg. Its new because it wasnt there before. I'll wait for a letter as they usually take some time to come through

Would be interesting to find out what this recall is as I checked this about a week ago and nothing due but now, as you say, something is due.

EDIT - just called customer service, turns out mine is for rear wheel arch corrosion of some sort?

6 hours ago, IS300Hdriver said:

Would be interesting to find out what this recall is as I checked this about a week ago and nothing due but now, as you say, something is due.

EDIT - just called customer service, turns out mine is for rear wheel arch corrosion of some sort?

What? Wheel arch corrosion recall?! How they going to fix that then?