Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intermediate vs Full Service

Hi, new to Lexus, can anyone confirm the Intermediate vs Full service difference. Does it just go intermediate then full then intermediate etc...

interested for budgeting purposes!

Basically yes. 

First service at 10k/1 year is intermediate and second at 20k/2 years is Full.

The 60k and 100k ones are more expensive though as they do other bits not included in Full service.

Thank you. Is the book stamped to show whether it's a full or intermediate service?

picking up a 3 year old IS this week which is being serviced by Lexus prior to collection (15,000 miles) - sounds like they should be doing a full service (year 3).

The book will be stamped in the relevant intermediate of full box, older (5+) cars may be serviced on the essential plan where you pay less to not have a stamp in the book but a seperate booklet which shows it's had minimum servicing which maintains any extended warranty it may have.

Year 3 should be an intermediate.

Ask for the printout as well . Make sure it has been into the service department and they have invoiced the sales department for the cost of the service and its all on the computer.

Its the only sure fire way of making sure your sales guy didnt simply walk over and borrow the stamp from the other desk

I know I'm a cynic:wink3:,,

• Like 1

12 hours ago, doog442 said:

Ask for the printout as well . Make sure it has been into the service department and they have invoiced the sales department for the cost of the service and its all on the computer.

Its the only sure fire way of making sure your sales guy didnt simply walk over and borrow the stamp from the other desk

I know I'm a cynic:wink3:,,

No thats a good point.

Ive been told the car was serviced when it hadnt been once. Only really found out when I took the car home and asked for the service checklist and they said there was no record

Turns out that they actually did the service the first time but the technician forgot to sign it off on the system, and then they redid the service just to make sure

• 1 month later...

A slightly off topic question. Does the method of 10000 miles or one year whichever comes first still apply to the servicing of these cars? Mine just had an intermediate service at 34k miles in November 2016.Do I need a full at 40k miles? hopefully not!

4 hours ago, sliyk said:

A slightly off topic question. Does the method of 10000 miles or one year whichever comes first still apply to the servicing of these cars? Mine just had an intermediate service at 34k miles in November 2016.Do I need a full at 40k miles? hopefully not!

Its 10k miles/1 year from the mileage/date of the last service.

Therefore yours will be in November 2017 or at 44k miles.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Reviving this old topic, I have a related question. Can anyone help? My car had an intermediate service a year ago, its third service. So it's now due a service in the next week or so. But it's some way off four years old and has a couple of thousand miles to go before it reaches 40,000. Which service is due? Intermediate, normal full service or 40,000?

7 hours ago, Thackeray said:

Reviving this old topic, I have a related question. Can anyone help? My car had an intermediate service a year ago, its third service. So it's now due a service in the next week or so. But it's some way off four years old and has a couple of thousand miles to go before it reaches 40,000. Which service is due? Intermediate, normal full service or 40,000?

It'll be the 40k full  service.

It's based on mileage or 1 year from previous service whichever is first 

On 02/01/2018 at 3:02 AM, rayaans said:

It'll be the 40k full  service.

It's based on mileage or 1 year from previous service whichever is first 

Many thanks. Will a message pop up on the car dashboard to say a service is due? I've been half expecting to see some sort of message but nothing has appeared yet. I've noticed on the 2017 model there's a mileage number next to a spanner symbol as one of the entries as you cycle through the odometer mileages. I assume that means the number of miles to go until a service is due. But I can't see anything like this on my 2014 model. Is there something comparable that I haven't been able to find?

2 hours ago, Thackeray said:

Many thanks. Will a message pop up on the car dashboard to say a service is due? I've been half expecting to see some sort of message but nothing has appeared yet. I've noticed on the 2017 model there's a mileage number next to a spanner symbol as one of the entries as you cycle through the odometer mileages. I assume that means the number of miles to go until a service is due. But I can't see anything like this on my 2014 model. Is there something comparable that I haven't been able to find?

Depends on whether it's been set or not in the nav system.  Should be in settings, vehicle customisation and then maintenance. Can only be done when car is in Park btw. 

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, I can't find this section on my car. When I get to vehicle customisation on the central screen I only see options for doors and lights. Nothing for maintenance. When I look at the smaller display behind the steering wheel and choose settings, there is a section for maintenance. But the only option when I select this is Initialisation. I didn't try this as I assume it's what should be done when the car is serviced.

I can't find anything about maintenance in my printed SatNav manual either. But I did find another version of the SatNav manual online (called IS+250+-+IS+300h+Navi_OM_53C71E.pdf)

Here I can see that there's a section that lists a lot of things that need maintenance: engine oil, oil filter, rotation, tyre, Battery, brake pad, wiper, LLC (don't know what that is), brake oil, ATE (?), service, air filter. But I can't get to this page on my car. Any suggestions?

31 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, I can't find this section on my car. When I get to vehicle customisation on the central screen I only see options for doors and lights. Nothing for maintenance. When I look at the smaller display behind the steering wheel and choose settings, there is a section for maintenance. But the only option when I select this is Initialisation. I didn't try this as I assume it's what should be done when the car is serviced.

I can't find anything about maintenance in my printed SatNav manual either. But I did find another version of the SatNav manual online (called IS+250+-+IS+300h+Navi_OM_53C71E.pdf)

Here I can see that there's a section that lists a lot of things that need maintenance: engine oil, oil filter, rotation, tyre, battery, brake pad, wiper, LLC (don't know what that is), brake oil, ATE (?), service, air filter. But I can't get to this page on my car. Any suggestions?

It might only be on premium nav versions.

It should come up with an indicator for service but it'll only come on on the due date.

14 minutes ago, rayaans said:

but it'll only come on on the due date

Thanks, that probably explains why I haven't seen it. On some other systems, Mercedes for example, they might give you a warning 30 days before the service and then count down the days until it's due. 

1 hour ago, Thackeray said:

Thanks, that probably explains why I haven't seen it. On some other systems, Mercedes for example, they might give you a warning 30 days before the service and then count down the days until it's due. 

Yes, on the premium nav system you can set it yourself. I usually set mine to a month in advance

Intermediate service is just a oil change and visual checks. Main service is just a oil change and a few more visual checks. If your lucky they may change the brake fluid and not charge you. When it reaches a certain mileage filters and spark plugs are changed at an extra cost.

£260 for a oil change (intermediate service) £460 for oil change and a few visual checks (main service)

if your car is out of warranty buy the correct oil and filter and get someone else to do it. Also an mot actually checks more things than they do on a service for £40.