Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mist setting on LS430

I understand that this Mist setting, on the windscreen wiper stalk, should be used to adjust the sensitivity of the Automatic wipers?

I was having a fiddle with it the other day, and I didn't actually notice any difference from either of the 4 settings?

Pretty trivial I know, - just wondered what other LS430 owners experiences were with this? :)

Hi Phil

I believe it adjusts the sensitivity of the rains sensor - I have it set to max which ( I believe) switches on the wipers even in a mild drizzle. I think the rain sensor and the Keyless entry are couple of very useful and well thoughout features of the 430 and they work flawlessly.

We have a 3 year old 5 series in the family and it has keyless start only meaning you have to lock and unlock via the remote. It has rain sensing wipers but they switch off everytime you switch the ignition off the ignition! - not very well thought out

With the 430 you set and forget!

• Like 2

I think Lexus have it well sorted regarding the adjustment of the rain and light sensors available to the driver "on the fly" so to speak.

In the Mercedes one has to do this via the workshop diagnostic computer. Hardly convenient....

Well done Lexus 🤗

I'll give the settings another go next time it's raining.... - for me, they were wiping too often  (I like fairly relaxed, intermittent wiping frequency), but turning them down, even in light rain saw them wiping pretty much non stop... -

i'll experiment further :)