Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 1/22/2017 at 5:34 PM, Ishaq said:

Wilko have it for £2 a bottle even better if you want to stock up:

http://www.wilko.com/car-care-products/redex-petrol-injector-fuel-system-cleaner-250ml/invt/0133791

That 250ml for £2, in tesco it is 1L for £3 (that is 1000ml :)

• Petrol system cleaner has more additives in it, so it cleans: tank, pump, hoses and somewhat injectors.... maybe little carbon from inlet (but that is so little it doesn't matter).
  • Injectors cleaner is one additive and it cleans only injectors (as you might guess), but it is like 5 times as strong.

I have bought my one in Romford .. so kind of Essex, even thought Havering is Borough of Greater London. What is funny is that it says reduced to clear, but in fact it is special edition, it is not normal size you can otherwise buy, so this is kind of limited time offer (it as well says 50% of from £6.50, but again I have never seen these selling for £6.50 nor in that size bottle anyway)... I guess it explains why you won't find one online.

Edit:

Actually, you can find one in Halfords for £12.99 and as well B&M from time to time on discounted rate of £3.99. So this size indeed exists, just rare occurrence in Tesco .. especially for that price.

I would be extremely careful about what additive you put into your petrol - The Shell V power has cleaning properties and can work out cheaper and hassle free.

I have used one before, BG44, which did after a few run throughs in the fuel system, clear a symptom of carbon build-up (shivering). Trusted brands will have had the development behind them to back up their claims and in most cases are more expensive to claw back some of the development costs.

The likes of own brand I would question why its so cheap and what development has gone into it - likelihood a re-branded cheaper product made by a reputable manufacturer - at a guess?

• Like 1

On 1/25/2017 at 1:13 PM, Rebecca said:

I've noticed home bargains do a fuel cleaner. £3 for 500ml. Can't do any harm to put a bottle in the tank. I guess it's the same as redex really.

putting 500ml bottle in the tank.. can actually do HARM, that is because it is meant to be used in 125ml shots per tank. As well as mentioned @is200 Newbie if you are using Premium fuel which already has fuel additives you might need to be careful on using additional additives... similarly as using 4 times amount than directed. 

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:32 PM, Linas.P said:

putting 500ml bottle in the tank.. can actually do HARM, that is because it is meant to be used in 125ml shots per tank. As well as mentioned @is200 Newbie if you are using Premium fuel which already has fuel additives you might need to be careful on using additional additives... similarly as using 4 times amount than directed. 

On the Redex site it does say that the first usage can be a double shot, that's 250ml

Just put v power today went a13 to cosco lakeside was giving 42.3mpg coming back dropped to 40 didn't really notice anything different apart from price per litre.looool 

When going cosco lakeside on a13 normally give same mpg if use normal shell. I think it's just psychological but could b wrong as don't normally use v power 

You wont notice the difference straight away as its meant to be noticed after prolonged use as its clears away and maintains a clean engine. They spend thousands on research and analysis so must be true otherwise they would be in a lot of trouble.

I have always V-Power since the last time I was on a topic about supermarket petrol and that was 2 years ago. My car drives and feels superb almost like a electric car while stationary...Pure silence! - 

Keep using V-Power, will only cost £1-3 more per fill but worth it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gramera flash said:

On the Redex site it does say that the first usage can be a double shot, that's 250ml

Even then 250ml is overkill, not to mention it is on top of premium fuel which has additives already.... so don't overdose guys :)

I've been using shell nitro the last couple of weeks and noticed quite a lot of gunk coming out the twin pipes so I assume the extra detergents have cleaned the system and I guess fuel additives have the same effect. No gunk at all over the past few days and it could be the placebo but the car feels more responsive. 

Me 2 what u mean by gunk????? It's petrol only diesel you can see black soot on ground if you rev it 

My taxi tx1  proper soot come out once reved you can see on ground or on other cars 

Last week parked in front of my car and didn't rev it,normal start, front bumper was full of soot from taxi.now never Park in front loool

OK gunk not the best word. More like dirty grey smoke on 3 or 4 occasions when floored. Never had this with regular unleaded but started not long after filling up with shell nitro. I can only assume the grey smoke was the nitro clearing the system.

or considering a cold weather... maybe some condensate from the exhaust, which you have not seen before because you have not paid attention? If that would be 300k diesel and some serious amount of additives.... maybe, but from relatively new petrol engine if you see "gunk" coming out, then you have more serious problem. 

Sorry for being pessimistic, but it is very hard to believe that you can get visual results of premium fuel cleaning your engine. 

I wouldn't say it was condensation as it wasn't that cold at the time and the engine was fully warm. I've also noticed loads of white smoke coming from the pipes when stationery.  I'm going to get it looked at I think.

You will be surprised how much of condensate you can generate from those dual pipes.... white smoke is exactly that - condensate evaporating from exhaust when exhaust gases becoming hot enough to boil it.

I wouldn't worry about the white smoke peachy mine does the same. It's just condensation and you will find once the weather warms up you won't see any at all.

Also if I've just been driving slowly around town for a few days then open it up on a duel carriageway or motorway I also get a few puffs of smoke. I guess it's just blowing out the cobwebs. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links