Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Feet heating in the LS430

On the passenger side there is a lovely big air vent coming out the lower centre console which *blasts* out warm air on my passengers coldy tootsies, - very nice in the minus degree weather we're currently experiencing...

Driver's side: no such vent!

Placing my hand around the driver's footwell, there's a *little* bit of warm air coming through... but not much.  My feet are getting cold! :)

I am continually impressed with the LS for so many reasons - so very surprised there is a lack of warm air on my toes! :D Is this normal, or is my car behaving sub par on the warm toes front?! :)

Mine blows plenty of warm air on my size 10's.  Do you have the climate set to auto? If so heat tends to come from the face vents first.  Have you tried doing the controls manually to see if warm air blows in both footwells?

• Like 2

The LS430 was designed so the footwell airflow to the driver's side is restricted, it can be adjusted but is a dealer only option.

The reason behind this is to prevent LS430 drivers becoming too comfortable whilst driving their vehicles in winter, this had in the past LED to owners leaving the house in their slippers, subsequently not having full control of their vehicles due to the slippers and looking completely stupid when arriving at work.

• Like 7

must be the same on the older LS as I have yet to have warm tooties.  OK so the sphericals are treated in the hot Summer to an ice cold blast which is very comforting, but can't believe owner drivers have to feel chilly in the Winter for safety's sake.  Not on.  Bad design.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steve2006 said:

The LS430 was designed so the footwell airflow to the driver's side is restricted, it can be adjusted but is a dealer only option.

The reason behind this is to prevent LS430 drivers becoming too comfortable whilst driving their vehicles in winter, this had in the past led to owners leaving the house in their slippers, subsequently not having full control of their vehicles due to the slippers and looking completely stupid when arriving at work.

I did have to check to see if it was April!  I must say I don't have any trouble with cold feet, the heating seems fine to me.

• Like 1

............ the answer is to wear your slippers ...........  haven't you seen them on the Lexus peripherals for sale page ?:blink:

Malc

I jest  ( or do I ? )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

They are available in the club shop, surely I'm not the only member who has bought a pair?

Available in all sizes and colour choice of grey, beige and black to match the mats.

IMG_0536.JPG

I bet the other one has got an "R" on it  (unless you have 2 left feet)

• Like 1

I had a better root around last night - it's defintely blowing heat onto the driver's feet... - just not as forceful as the passenger, - I would say about 50% of the blow the passenger gets.. maybe this is by design