Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

adnewton

Hi all,

I'm looking to swap my 2011 SE-L with a 64 plate F-Sport. It is the face lifted version, so expect it be a little better with regards to ride. However, being an F-Sport, I would assume ride would be hard any way.

I haven't test drove it yet as I'm still haggling on price & trying to get what my car is worth. It does have all the gadgets inc Elec seats with memory function.

Any thoughts on F-Sport??

2 hours ago, adnewton said:

Hi all,

I'm looking to swap my 2011 SE-L with a 64 plate F-Sport. It is the face lifted version, so expect it be a little better with regards to ride. However, being an F-Sport, I would assume ride would be hard any way.

I haven't test drove it yet as I'm still haggling on price & trying to get what my car is worth. It does have all the gadgets inc Elec seats with memory function.

Any thoughts on F-Sport??

The current F-Sport CT is harder than the pre-facelift SE-L thats for sure. Id probably go for a Premier TBH.

2 hours ago, adnewton said:

I did say to sales exec that I thought suspension would be too hard. He did say you need to test drive it first.

Does premium have same spec?

I'd say listen to the sales guy as his advice was spot on.  Arrange a test drive in both and make you own mind up.  Surely when considering spending so much you would'y buy "blind"?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adnewton said:

I did say to sales exec that I thought suspension would be too hard. He did say you need to test drive it first.

Does premium have same spec?

Premier has more kit - LED headlights, Mark Levinson to name a few.

I find the F-Sport to be pretty harsh in the CT.

• Like 1

I have never really understood the F sport as a model. It has suspension which is harder than standard when the standard CT suspension is already harder than most sports cars and the engine/ gearbox which is just as unsporty as the base model. IE not very sporty at all. What does the F in F sport mean? Fake?

4 hours ago, Wass said:

I have never really understood the F sport as a model. It has suspension which is harder than standard when the standard CT suspension is already harder than most sports cars and the engine/ gearbox which is just as unsporty as the base model. IE not very sporty at all. What does the F in F sport mean? Fake?

Doesn't work well with the CT. It handles better but it's harsh. The facelift CT Advance model has harder suspension than my RX F Sport and IS F Sport. The RX handles about the same as the CT but the IS will run rings around it. I find it very odd and can only assume it's down to the short wheelbase

I purchased my new CT 200h F-Sport in March 2016 (with prem nav) which might I add is my very 1st Lexus. I also own a 2010 Auris Hybrid T-Spirit (purchased as a 6 month old ex-demo with all the toys). I can confirm that both of my cars are completely chalk and cheese. In that I mean, the Auris Hybrid is a way much softer ride and makes me want to put my foot down most of the time... :) The CT however, with its much firmer ride, makes me want to drive more conservatively and responsibly lol. I actually like the very firm ride and responsive handling of the CT. To me, my Auris is what I call my 'fun' car (in Sports mode)whilst the CT is my grown up car! I took the advice of my salesman and test drove 2 different CT models as being female I couldn't decide... Anyway, needless to say that straight after the test drives I placed my order! :)  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GSLV6 said:

ux_gallery_006_1920x1080_tcm-3066-784873

Funky.....very different in flavour to the CT.

Ive seen some pictures of a prototype of the UX. 

Its been toned down quite a bit from that but still looks similiar. The interior looks spot on IMO. 

4 hours ago, colin79666 said:

Hmm I hope Lexus come out with something else as well then. Otherwise the CT 200h might be my first and last Lexus - I really don't want something high riding.

Its not actually that high riding. Its lower than a normal SUV anyway. Seems to be like a GLA height.

what  do you think of the kinetic seats that i have seen in the UX adverts

do the pictures show the inners of the seats or is that the way they will be

with the frame work and the webbing being on display as in the link below

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lexus+kinetic+seats&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiB__H-0uLRAhXFORoKHb3hB9cQsAQIRA&biw=1920&bih=940

I am driving a 66 plate F-Sport this week and yes, the suspension is rock hard but, on the plus side, it is like driving a go-kart... I love it.

What I am finding more difficult to live with is the road noise though, especially when considering that engine seems so well insulated.

On 01/02/2017 at 4:45 PM, DanD said:

I am driving a 66 plate F-Sport this week and yes, the suspension is rock hard but, on the plus side, it is like driving a go-kart... I love it.

What I am finding more difficult to live with is the road noise though, especially when considering that engine seems so well insulated.

Might be the original tyres. They're dreadful for noise

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links