Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A few questions for fellow IS F owners.

A bit bored right now as the wife has the new Bridget Jones film on, so thought of would start a new thread. 

What 3 things made you go for an IS F?

What 3 things would you change about the IS F?

What 3 cars would be on your list if you sold your IS F tomorrow?

For me it was;

1. Performance, reliability/dealer reputation, and rarity. 

2. 3 rear seats, a rear wiper, genuine tailpipe ends instead of the plastic bumper inserts. 

3. C63 AMG, Jag XFR, M3 Saloon......I'd also like a Cayman S alongside a cheap diesel runaround. 

• Like 1

V8

Reliability (& warranty)

Low depreciation

More steering feel. 

Dash - everything left of the steering wheel

Exhaust - more noise at low speed

Tough.....

None - really not into cars at the moment. Only had the IS-F 8 months, so I'm still bored with looking at Autotrader etc.

I'll add one thing that I didn't expect from ownership of an IS-F. I love being part of a small ownership circle. Meeting other IS-F owners has been brilliant. Kemble crew - I'm not blowing any more smoke up ya bums :)

• Like 3

Agree with you on question 1. 

I'd change the crazy button layout in the interior, updated infotainment system and separate controls for the gearbox, steering and throttle response. 

Next up: evora, 911 or a newer V8 lexus. 

• Like 1

I think I would eventually get a GS F or Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio if I keep the IS F for as long as I intend to. An RC F would be an option too if my wife gets a bigger family car than her 1 series. 

All 3 are a bit rich for me yet tho.

• Like 1

1. Its a V8 - its a Lexus - its reliability

2. Nothing really annoys me that much.

3. Alfa Quatrfoliogioporte thingymajig, Maserati..............erm that's it...........

• Like 1

* V8- it's on my bucket list and far too many milk floats about nowadays. I'm sure we'll all be in one soon so all more reason to enjoy them today.

* Rarity/Unknown- I always like to go off piste

* Lexus- Was so impressed by the reliability/quality of the IS250 but wanted more power. 

* Plastic trim between the two back seats. Why would they do that??!?

* Exhaust- Would be nice to hear more of that V8 and should've been OEM.

* Better Navigation/Media Interface.

* Lexus RCF

* Lexus RX

* Lexus NX 

(Brand loyal....at the moment). 

• Like 1

What 3 things made you go for an IS F? Rarity, Reliability, Performance

What 3 things would you change about the IS F? Sat Nav is terrible.. Exhaust tips & a more forgiving ride/suspension.

What 3 cars would be on your list if you sold your IS F tomorrow? RCF or XE S(V6) but not sure if it'll be fast enough...

In no particular order

What 3 things made you go for an IS F? - Lexus brand reputation which was confirmed on the dealer visit, performance (not just acceleration/top speed/standard performance benchmarks but fuel economy too) & the fact that it put a huge smile on my face on the test drive - despite driving round Bristol

What 3 things would you change about the IS F? - The pathetic sat nav, swap round the gear change on the stick so it's the correct way & exhaust

What 3 cars would be on your list if you sold your IS F tomorrow? - Part of me thinks it should be something completely different but I guess it depends on why the ISF would be disappearing.  Lotus Exige, BMW M140, Vauxhall VXR8.

15 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Just seen Bristol in your post is that where you are based, thereabouts thought I was the only one in these parts 🙂

Big Rat

I'm actually Somerset, Shepton Mallet area.  I've only seen one other round here which was a silver one several weeks ago going south on the A37.  Whereabouts are you?

6 minutes ago, Chuckie478 said:

I'm actually Somerset, Shepton Mallet area.  I've only seen one other round here which was a silver one several weeks ago going south on the A37.  Whereabouts are you?

That was probably me silver the only colour cough...... 

The A37 is a regular route for me work and pleasure I'm right by junction 21 M5, you are most welcome to our meets at AV8 cafe at Kemble in Gloucester there was 5 of last Sunday.

Big Rat

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

That was probably me silver the only colour cough...... 

The A37 is a regular route for me work and pleasure I'm right by junction 21 M5, you are most welcome to our meets at AV8 cafe at Kemble in Gloucester there was 5 of last Sunday.

Big Rat

If it was you then yours is the first other ISF I've seen being driven on the road.  Was a bit surreal, like I was following myself (I wasn't in mine at the time).

That sounds good.  How often are the meets?

Just now, Chuckie478 said:

If it was you then yours is the first other ISF I've seen being driven on the road.  Was a bit surreal, like I was following myself (I wasn't in mine at the time).

That sounds good.  How often are the meets?

Every few months, I believe a meet is in the process of being arranged somewhere in the West Mids in March, check out the meets page now again for updates.

Did you get yours from Bristol Lex yet another Silver on on here was bought there not long ago.

Big Rat

5 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Every few months, I believe a meet is in the process of being arranged somewhere in the West Mids in March, check out the meets page now again for updates.

Did you get yours from Bristol Lex yet another Silver on on here was bought there not long ago.

Big Rat

Yeah, got mine from Bristol 3 years ago.  They sold it originally to a guy from Bradford and when he sold it (to get another later ISF) they bought it from him. 

1 minute ago, Chuckie478 said:

Yeah, got mine from Bristol 3 years ago.  They sold it originally to a guy from Bradford and when he sold it (to get another later ISF) they bought it from him. 

I see, there was a White one in Weston up until a few months ago saw it for sale at Exeter Lexus that's the only other one I've seen.

As you've had it that long you must have bonded is it standard, see from some of your pics your a bit of a spanner man.

Big Rat

It's the 3rd longest I've owned a car.  Only a BMW 130 which preceded the ISF and a Ford Fiesta have been kept longer.  BMW turned into an unreliable POS which BMW couldn't seem to fix and the Fiesta it was just time for a change.

It's standard, I just don't seem to have time/money/space to do stuff to it.

As I've mentioned on here recently had some expensive Bm problems thankfully warranty covered.

Standard all the way for me for now 2 years warranty to go.

I shall now keep a closer look out for you fella !

Big Rat

1. Performance, Stealth looks and rarity. 

2. Position of sport button, clock, silver carbon in the middle back seat instead of plastic slab, valved exhaust, better infotainment. 

3. Bought lotus Evora s @Big Rat,  considered 997 c2 s, xkr s, mazza gt and a few others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

1. Performance, Stealth looks and rarity. 

2. Position of sport button, clock, silver carbon in the middle back seat instead of plastic slab, valved exhaust, better infotainment. 

3. Bought lotus Evora s @Big Rat,  considered 997 c2 s, xkr s, mazza gt and a few others.

Evora may be your present darling  but there is a video in existence of you stood by your 'F' saying and I quote "God I love this car "

Now for me not to reveal this to other Chapman chaps gotta be worth an extended passenger ride 😂

Big Rat

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links