Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Main display screen setting

Obertelli

I've owned a 2011 CT SE-L Premier since Monday and there's something about it which is starting to bug me which I haven't found a solution to yet. 

The main central display screen shows navigation mapping by default, even when I haven't set a route. But if I set it to show the audio screen it quickly defaults back to the navigation screen.

Is there any way to set it so that the screen I select remains in view until I choose to change it?

Hi Rob.  It bugged me too!  Go into Setup, General, Auto Screen Change and toggle it to off.  Works on the RX so I assume it's the same on the CT.  Now how do I stop hitting italic when I'm typing!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Glover said:

Hi Rob.  It bugged me too!  Go into Setup, General, Auto Screen Change and toggle it to off.  Works on the RX so I assume it's the same on the CT.  Now how do I stop hitting italic when I'm typing!!

Thanks Geoff, that did the trick!

Now I have to find a fix for the fact that my wife hates the very limited range of adjustments to the passenger seat... It is surprising on what was at the time the top-spec CT variant.

My pleasure Rob.  Hope you can eventually find a good setting for the passenger seat; I'm not sure what the CT has but the RX has squab back and forwards an tilt, seat back angle adjust plus lumbar.  Sometimes takes ages to find the right position.  I worked with a guy who had taken his Mini in for a service; they'd changed the seat adjustments and he couldn't get it right and was planning on selling it as it was giving him back pain (it was that bad).  In desperation he asked me if I could help him (part of my job is assessing computer work stations).  I adjusted it for him and probably more by luck than judgement it worked.  So keep persevering.

Hope you solved your misted up windscreen issue (I think it was you but apologies if it was another member!).  An assumption but if the CT climate control is the same as the RX then try what Rayaans suggested to me.  Switch the last button on the left to auto (you can toggle the sensitivity of automatic recirculation too but off the top of my head I can't remember how I did that but it's either in the climate or settings menu).  then switch the last button on the right to auto.  Use the demister function but don't touch anything else apart from the temperature controls.  Works brilliantly!

Cheers

Geoff

Thanks again Geoff. The misting screen issue wasn't anything to do with me though.

My CT just has really basic passenger seat adjustments: back and forward, head restraint up and down and back rake only. I'm aware that some later models pretty well replicate the entire  adjustment range of the driving seat and add the three memory settings as well, so if necessary I'll keep an eye out for what is effectively a LHD driving seat in European breakers yards. Mine has the far less common ivory leather though making it a bit more tricky.

Stepping in late here. I found the Nav screen a nuisance too until I found the option too. I always keep mine on energy monitor although I still drive it like a normal car and get better mpg that way.

b5730cdbabac1f5314db92aa9fbe7183.jpg

I was told by Lexus that having an electric passenger seat was an option way back then. That must of cost some serious ££.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links