Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS450h rear silencer has fallen off

On 27/01/2017 at 8:39 PM, GSLV6 said:

That sounds like they have included the tips as the exhaust standard price (parts only)  is about £580.  Lexus Birmingham seem to give the cheapest price for just about any Lexus spare compared with the rest.

Seems not, double checked the price with Lexus Bristol, not including tips or fitting....£730.

I have now ordered from Lexus Birmingham, £453.47 inc P+P. As mentioned I will get my friend who runs his own garage to fit it so all in it should come in around £500 give or take a few pounds.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BarneyTT said:

Seems not, double checked the price with Lexus Bristol, not including tips or fitting....£730.

I have now ordered from Lexus Birmingham, £453.47 inc P+P. As mentioned I will get my friend who runs his own garage to fit it so all in it should come in around £500 give or take a few pounds.

Wow...some dealers take the biscuit with their pricing!  £730 excluding tips and fitting seems very steep.  I know that Lexus set a lot of these prices and that with some parts (eg TPMS valves) there's not much in it for the dealers, but a price differential of close to £300 for the exact same part shows a little too much greed on the part of some.

• 1 month later...
On 30/01/2017 at 6:11 PM, GSLV6 said:

Wow...some dealers take the biscuit with their pricing!  £730 excluding tips and fitting seems very steep.  I know that Lexus set a lot of these prices and that with some parts (eg TPMS valves) there's not much in it for the dealers, but a price differential of close to £300 for the exact same part shows a little too much greed on the part of some.

Apologies for delay in my reply.

Lexus Bristol have always been pretty fair with me and when re-checking the quote did say that even at cost price it would cost them £500 ish. So I'm not sure how the hell Lexus Birmingham managed to do it for the price they did if Lexus Bristol are correct.

Anyway, I'm pleased to report the exhaust is now fitted (my mate only charged me £30 to fit it) and I managed to remove the chrome tips and give them a serious clean and polish before refitting, so all looks and sounds great now, hopefully this one will last ten years plus like the old one!

The old back boxes were quite bad, seems they go on the inner edge close to the heat shields.

• 2 months later...

I had this same failure a few weeks ago after only owning for a month.  Was a bit annoyed however I knew it was going to fail at some point just not in year 1!  Possibly I helped it along with a very brisk drive on some undulating with big compression roads.

Lucky I saved the back box and got Lexus Cambridge to sort, while becoming a Gold Member for the 10% discount.  Lexus did manage to fix and leave me with a rather annoying heat shield rattle as broke the mounting hole for the shield, was not impressed.  So complained and drilled the rivet out and fitted a large washer and bolt to remedy, would of took them 10 mins prior to refitting the exhaust, they need to look at their sign off process before giving back to a customer.

Anyway the exhaust should last another 10 years and is nice a quiet as the CVT would never  suit an aftermarket one with random revving. 

34NScRjNuPo_-DbYit0DUaswC0q-5ETtU_JvecZk

B1OgSMQGvKZkqeNZtTfGtcad5a36WNIyJNuWY9Xl

https://www.amazon.co.uk/clouddrive/share/8SqZYBB1CO99gEnfaKdhirapVYOkduU94YWRRefJ0tA?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links