Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

60K/6 Year service

My ISF is due its 60k service soon, Lexus website lists £895 for this service. Seems very expensive for some spark plugs, oil & filter change and a check over the car.

Has anyone successfully negotiate some discounts off the price?

I had the 40K two weeks ago at Lexus Bristol, with the Gold discount came to £416.00.

The plugs I had done 6 months ago before I joined the club with them and negotiated it to £240.00 that was both bills with vat inclusive.

So in effect I believe the two together equate to a 60k service, all depends if you want to stick with the dealers or go the Indy route.

Big Rat

• Like 2

I tried to negotiate for a reduction of price for my RX Full service at Lexus Birmingham but they said they don't negotiate because if they did it would be a free for all and all the prices are set at head office.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Alan

I did my 60k service in june 2015 and was quoted £895 at first, so i rang up 4 local dealers and told each one i had been given a lower price and all 4 beat one another. Got it down to £695 in the end. 

Ask to speak to the service mananger and explain you have been quoted x amount from x dealer and ask if they can beat it. I believe its a capped price and not a fixed price which Means they can charge less but can't charge more than stated rates. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

The 60k service was done on mine before I bought it at 42k. Bill was £1800 with new plugs and front discs/pads.

This year's service will be a minor one yeah? How much can I expect to pay? 

Hi Tom

i think you will find its £245.00, you could try and supply your own approved oil in a sealed original container

fair saving if the dealer accepts this, some do if you are regular or wish to become a regular customer.

Its that age old decision to be made dealers or Indy route.

Big Rat

2/3 year Lexus service plans worth considering, up front or monthly payment options. I went for 2 year, 1 full, 1 minor service cast was about £750 ish. There were other dealers offering better prices but they were not near me. At the time Lexus Birmingham were doing a good deal. 

• Like 1

Definitely take your own oil, I've done this for years with lots of different garages and makes and dealers and indies have all accepted it.  The only one I didn't do it with was Nissan as their oil was cheaper than I could buy it retail. 

If you're a Costco member you can get the correct grade and spec Castrol Synthetic for approx. £30 depending on what deals they have on.  Technically providing they are the right spec you can (and on occasion I have) take other parts e.g. plugs; filters

• Like 1

How much is the oil that Lexus provide? 

All 8 of its services so far have been carried out by Lexus Coventry, who supplied the car when new, my nearest would be Lexus Derby. 

Is there much difference in quality between brands?

A quick browse and I can get 4 litres of Petronas Fully Sythetic 5W30 for £25 and 5 litres of the Gulf equivalent for £30. 

Castrol Magnatec is £31 for 4 litres. 

Takes around 9 litres doesn't it? 

• Like 1

I'm a believer, and it is a personal thing to stick with what the manufacturer has recommended.

Good quality oils are pretty similar and I would never EVER scrimp on it same as tyres really.

But as always everyone has an opinion.

Big Rat

Thank everyone, managed to negotiate the price down to £695 with a free MOT thrown in but the dealer is about 50 miles away. Will try my local dealer to see if they'll match the price and also supply my own oil.

• Like 1

I see Eurocarparts are having the usual 30% discount, so might be a good idea to stock up some oils.

What do you guys think of the Shell Helix  Ultra 5W30 AG Fully synthetic?

Used the 5W40 grade on one of my previous high revving NA engined car, and not had any issue.

Works out about £35 delivered for 2 x 5litre bottles with some left over for top up if needed as the ISF takes 9.3 litres with a filter change.

My father was a mechanic, changed his oil every 3,000 and oil and filter every 6,000 (this is going back to the days of British motor manufacturer's).  Never had any problems with his engines and when he took the rocker cover off to adjust the tappets (halcyon days!) the head positively shone.  So with that upbringing I use whatever the manufacturer recommends so if it's a 0w30 I'll usually use Castrol Edge fully synthetic or Mobil 1 providing they meet the manufacturer's spec and change it at the frequency stated.   My 2001 Yaris does about 3 - 4,000 every year and has a service every year with oil change, brake fluid every 2 years and coolant every 3.  Touch wood it runs like a sewing machine!  The secret to any car and your safety is the best tyres and brakes you can afford, the right oil in the engine and stick to the manufacturer's servicing.  Sorry I've gone into grandma and egg mode!!!!

• Like 1

Another vote for service plans. You should get a decent discount for buying a 3 year plan and you can spread the cost by paying monthly. The plan is non transferable as I found out recently. Still waiting for a refund for £138 from the third party that deal with the payments. 

3 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

Another vote for service plans. You should get a decent discount for buying a 3 year plan and you can spread the cost by paying monthly. The plan is non transferable as I found out recently. Still waiting for a refund for £138 from the third party that deal with the payments. 

I got a 3 year service plan with mine.  Just about to have the last one (labelled as the 80k though it's not done that much).  60k, 70k and 80k for about £1400. 

Had my 60K service done June 2016 & paid £761 inc VAT.  Here's what they did:

The 60k service includes:

Oil and filter change

·         Pollen filter change

·         Brake Fluid Change

·         Diff oil change

·         Spark plug change

·         Key fob Battery change

·         Wheels removed and thorough inspection of brakes

·         Coolant check

·         Air Filter check

·         Suspension check

·         Light check

·         Torque up the wheels

·         Adjust tyre pressures

These are the main items covered in the 60k service.

The labour total is £397.44, and the parts/oil cost is £365.56.

Also got another quote from a different dealer who quoted me £895 and then dropped to £718 with LOC discount but didn't include the brake fluid change.  Basically I went to 2 dealers, got 2 different prices and 2 different work schedules, ended up going to the one slightly further away from me & more expensive as I they did more items on the service and had treated me well in the past, IE not charged me for a courtesy car when I needed one & happy to drop you in to town & pick you up later whilst the car was serviced.

A deal can be done for less than £895 but just check what they actually do or don't do for the discount!

Service plans from Lexus Chester all the way for me. They save money and I get a free 6 monthly health check thrown in. That gives me the chance to have a look at / drive new stuff as it comes in.

3 hours ago, Dave McDave said:

Had my 60K service done June 2016 & paid £761 inc VAT.  Here's what they did:

The 60k service includes:

Oil and filter change

·         Pollen filter change

·         Brake Fluid Change

·         Diff oil change

·         Spark plug change

·         Key fob battery change

·         Wheels removed and thorough inspection of brakes

·         Coolant check

·         Air Filter check

·         Suspension check

·         Light check

·         Torque up the wheels

·         Adjust tyre pressures

These are the main items covered in the 60k service.

The labour total is £397.44, and the parts/oil cost is £365.56.

Also got another quote from a different dealer who quoted me £895 and then dropped to £718 with LOC discount but didn't include the brake fluid change.  Basically I went to 2 dealers, got 2 different prices and 2 different work schedules, ended up going to the one slightly further away from me & more expensive as I they did more items on the service and had treated me well in the past, IE not charged me for a courtesy car when I needed one & happy to drop you in to town & pick you up later whilst the car was serviced.

A deal can be done for less than £895 but just check what they actually do or don't do for the discount!

They dont change the coolant or air filter at the 60k service ?? Seems weird.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links