Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Safety Recall

I just received a Safety Recall letter regarding a Lexus NX Hybrid Brake Control Module Software Update. It appears there is a possibility that the parking break may not be set automatically when the system is deactivated under certain conditions. If this occurs, and the transmission is left in gear other than 'park' the vehicle could creep forward or backward increasing the risk of a crash.

Anyone else had this yet?

I am sure it is just me but I have had the same letter. I understood that if the parking brake was set to automatic mode it would only set when put into 'Park'. If not in automatic mode why would it be expected to set in any other gear.

Don't know if it's the same as the system in new Audi models. If parking brake set to automatic it will set on each time the car comes to a halt. No need to hold the car with the foot brake when stopped in traffic, at lights ect..

It is slightly different: In the NX the parking brake sets automatically when put the gear leaver into "P". However, there is also a "HOLD" function, which applies the parking brake when stopped in traffic, etc., and automatically disengages when the throttle pedal is depressed, however the HOLD function will automatically de-activate whenever the engine is switched off and needs to be manually switched on again via the press of a button.

1 hour ago, Goggy said:

Mine is booked in for next week. Yes, I was told 60-90 mins. Maybe they will clean it too? I live in hope. :)

Yep, they'll clean the car

Im pretty sure they'll hand you a bottle of wine/champagne for inconvenience sake as well. They've given me 3 so far for my RX300!

13 hours ago, C Mclean said:

Told Lexus NOT to clean mine as I see on a daily basis how the valet guys wash cars. Not a pretty sight......

Depends on the dealer really.

My dealers are pretty good - have all the equipment as well including a body drier. They've always done a great job on both my cars and no scratches or durability issues with my waxes/sealants either.

TBF they've been given 1.5 hour slots per car so plenty of time really.

I was informed by Lexus Cardiff that £25 for petrol was order of the day I have a75 mile round trip also I have an amber warning ⚠ light showing word brake on dashboard where fuel consumption is from time to time is this part of recall if not any ideas what it is as Lexus do not know and nothing in the handbook

The update took 55 minutes today (plus my 45 minute commute each way to the dealer). I can't imagine under what circumstances anyone would turn off the car with the shift lever other than in park, as the car alerts when this happens, but for resale purposes I guess it's as well to have it done.

Had a chance to check out the new Sport grade in the showroom. The spec is well below Luxury, but I loved the black wheels, which appear to be painted versions of the Premier wheels. If they'd been an option on the Luxury when I purchased mine, I'd have gone for them.

In the hybrid one would turn off the car in a gear other than Park if one wanted to continue listening to the radio etc.. as the system doesn't shut down but goes into Accessory mode.

had mine done today ............2.30 in total and a nice clean inside and out ......... but no petrol !!!!! i will ring Cardiff as they did say they would put £25 in !!!!