Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 hours ago, Bluesman said:

I have just saved £134 on our second car, 5 mins work on the internet a bog standard Fiesta after being quoted £300 renewell and have gone from Esure to M&S when I rang Esure to cancel the renewell they wanted to know what I had been quoted and from who as they would be able to beat their quote. When will these insurance companies realise we are not stupid and not to be so insulting by thinking we will swallow any old price they throw at us?

Calling to cancel is a guaranteed way to get a discount :). All of the CSRs who take your call are primed to offer you a retention package should you say you're going to cancel. I used to work for an ISP and this was standard practice. Much cheaper for them to offer you a discount than to lose your long term value for ever. Anyone with Sky or Virgin Media - give it a go and see :thumbsup:.

6 hours ago, RgrWynne said:

Just had renewal for my wife's Honda and very competitive . Could not really beat it on search engine, where cheaper but different terms. With LV so going to renew .

Perhaps LV is the company to go with if you want your car repairing to its former glory rather than being immediately written off, I assume this is the case from their current TV advertisement where a rather basic looking bright green car with the whole of the off side substantially damaged is quickly and efficiently repaired. A fantastic system which is basically a drive through repair centre and you, your family and the dog remain in the car while the repairs are carried out by robots.

Being of the older generation those sink plungers frighten me.....they remind me of the Daleks....the Daleks still scare me!

With cover starting from just £199.00 it's so impressive they should change their name to Utopia Insurance or UI for short.

I think LV are part of a national bed company called.......Dreams.

• Like 1

Have been with LV for about 15 years with 2 cars, but never claimed so I don't know if they should be called dreams !!!

i guess they are all as good or bad as each other, but something happened today when I renewed that was different. Was happy to pay the renewal and just tweeked a few things when the young lady on the other end of the phone said that as a loyalty bonus she would reduce the amount I had agreed to pay, further. Now that is a change. Just now hope I never claim, as I am sure we all do.