Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How to remove a-pillar trim

Has anyone removed the a-pillar trim on their RX to feed wires behind. I'm always a bit concerned that I will break something when I don't know the location of the clips or which to prise off first.

On Saturday I fitted a dash cam to my 2010 RX450 , I didn't hardwire it, I just used the 12v socket hidden away under the armrest (bloody silly place to have your sockets BTW) 

I just fed the wire under the passenger mat and teased the cable around the door trim. At the a pillar I managed to open it slightly without removing it and am very pleased with the results. My model is the SEi and I note some models had a 12v outlet in the storage area under the gear lever which would have been even neater. Hope this helps. Ed 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Silversalmon said:

On Saturday I fitted a dash cam to my 2010 RC450 , I didn't hardwire it, I just used the 12v socket hidden away under the armrest (bloody silly place to have your sockets BTW) 

I just fed the wire under the passenger mat and teased the cable around the door trim. At the a pillar I managed to open it slightly without removing it and am very pleased with the results. My model is the SEi and I note some models had a 12v outlet in the storage area under the gear lever which would have been even neater. Hope this helps. Ed 

Yes, that's how I did it too.

Pretty much invisible and NO damage to the trim.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...