Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2017 IS upgrade delays.

Had a call from our Lexus dealer to say our IS300h F-Sport, ordered for March has been delayed along with all IS's with fabric seats.  We could have leather seats for March, but another £2000. No date was given when ours will arrive.  If it doesn't come until April, we will have to pay the increased VED rates to the robbing Government.

Is there any way the car can be registered early, or does it have to physically be in the country.

I imagine there are quite a few of these types of situations up and down the land at the moment.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Is there any way the car can be registered early, or does it have to physically be in the country.

I imagine there are quite a few of these types of situations up and down the land at the moment.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

£140 for 5 years is less than £2k for seats. Generally depends on if you want the leather seats or not as they'll cost you £1500 instead of £2k 

Can't really complain much though, its going to happen if it happens.

Yes ALanS, the new VED rates start 1st April, that's why we ordered ours for March.  I think your has a combined co2 of 167 mg/km so £500 first year,  then £140 every year after that.

We ordered the cloth seats as we have had numerous issues with the leather ones ( at least 5 new seat covers).

10 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Yes ALanS, the new VED rates start 1st April, that's why we ordered ours for March.  I think your has a combined co2 of 167 mg/km so £500 first year,  then £140 every year after that.

We ordered the cloth seats as we have had numerous issues with the leather ones ( at least 5 new seat covers).

The F-Sport leather seats are not an issue. Ive heard more complaints about the fabric seats on the F-Sport as they're not vinyl and seem to mark easily on those bits. 

58 minutes ago, AlanS said:

My expected delivery date on the 200t F Sport is 30th April not sure how this is going to affect the annual tax.

Its beneficial for you're delivery date to be after 1st April  depending on how long you keep the car. 

£500 first year + £140 thereafter works out cheaper if you have your car 4 years compared to £300 first year + £210 thereafter.

If keeping 3 years, it makes about £60 difference so not a huge amount to worry about.

• Like 1

Doesn't sound too bad then.

As it's the wife's car and being a brand new purchase, we'll be keeping the car a long while if it stays mechanically sound which I'm 100% sure it will, possibly 5 years plus.

2 hours ago, AlanS said:

Doesn't sound too bad then.

As it's the wife's car and being a brand new purchase, we'll be keeping the car a long while if it stays mechanically sound which I'm 100% sure it will, possibly 5 years plus.

Yep its financially cheaper to not rush them then! 

Sounds like your order has been bumped down the queue in favour of more expensive models. Perhaps to try and get you to pay more for the leather. Any chance they will give you the leather at no extra cost because of the inconvenience?

• Like 1

On 1/24/2017 at 0:57 PM, rayaans said:

£140 for 5 years is less than £2k for seats. Generally depends on if you want the leather seats or not as they'll cost you £1500 instead of £2k 

Can't really complain much though, its going to happen if it happens.

Or maybe just say.... Either you include leather for free or I cancel the order and get myself BMW (or something else)... 

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Or maybe just say.... Either you include leather for free or I cancel the order and get myself BMW (or something else)... 

Id presume they take the deposit though...?

10 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Id presume they take the deposit though...?

Indeed, but they can only keep the deposit if you change your mind for no reason. In this case the order would be canceled, because hey have delayed it so it is their fault... or at least that should be in ideal world.

The best way to find out is to check the contract.

P.S. I didn't even know it is possible to order mk3 IS with cloth interior... but everyone has their preferences.. 

We ordered yours with the fabric/tahara trim for two reasons, 1- we have had issues with out leather seat covers on our current IS300Luxury; 2- we had this combination on our last IS250Sport with no problems.  The dealer explained that the new Tahara seats are constructed by inserting "foam" into the seat cover as opposed to having a slip-over seat cover.  There was no offer of free leather seats and i didn't consider them as an option.

As for cancelling the order, the only other car I test drove that i liked was the BMW330e, however my wife didn't like it, she doesn't like the BMW brand anyway.  So the 2017 IS was top of and the only one on the list.

As long as it arrives before the PCP runs out in June.  I did contact Lexus customer service yesterday just to see what light they can throw on the delay and i am awaiting their reply.

4 hours ago, Wallace said:

We ordered yours with the fabric/tahara trim for two reasons, 1- we have had issues with out leather seat covers on our current IS300Luxury; 2- we had this combination on our last IS250Sport with no problems.  The dealer explained that the new Tahara seats are constructed by inserting "foam" into the seat cover as opposed to having a slip-over seat cover.  There was no offer of free leather seats and i didn't consider them as an option.

As for cancelling the order, the only other car I test drove that i liked was the BMW330e, however my wife didn't like it, she doesn't like the BMW brand anyway.  So the 2017 IS was top of and the only one on the list.

As long as it arrives before the PCP runs out in June.  I did contact Lexus customer service yesterday just to see what light they can throw on the delay and i am awaiting their reply.

All IS F-Sport seats are foam injected. You shouldn't have an issue with F-Sport seat wear TBH, seems to affect the other models in the lineup and particularly beige seats rather than the black/grey ones.

Got a call from Lexus Customer Service to say our car is "In build" but she did't know when it would actually exit the factory.  Then we have to wait for a boat.  I think Lexus are making all leather ones first.

On 1/28/2017 at 10:56 AM, Wallace said:

My point with canceling order was just to "threaten" Lexus a bit, so either they offer reasonable discount for Leather upgrade e.g. 70% or speed up with the order, not necessary actually canceling the order and going with other brand.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wallace said:

Just had a call from my dealer to say my FSport is built and awating a boat. So with a following wind it could be ready by the end of March.:yahoo:

Ask your dealer for the ship name and you can track it's progress using this link my dealer sent me when I was waiting delivery of my RC. Mine came on the Hawaiian Highway (which is on it's way back to JP OMZ, arriving 16 Feb..). I knew the car was in Bristol docks before the dealer!

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9712632

You could also ask for your VIN and get set up on The Lexus Customer Portal

https://customerportal.lexus-europe.com/login/index.html