Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2017 IS upgrade delays.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bad news :wallbash: it's still at Bristol docks awaiting a transporter going past Wolverhampton,  I could have walked there in that time!!!

I assume that's what he is doing Steve, the existing one needs it's first MOT tomorrow, so there is still a chance that it will all come together then.

12 minutes ago, Wallace said:

I assume that's what he is doing Steve, the existing one needs it's first MOT tomorrow, so there is still a chance that it will all come together then.

Have you already provided the dealer with some proof of your identity? Photocopy of photo license or passport etc etc..

He can't register the vehicle in your name without it 

Unless a delivery date is written into the 'contract' you can't just cancel or demand compensation because delivery has slipped. Manufacturers are hot on this now and they never commit to a delivery date and t&c's will confirm this. Sales people however will say whatever they think they need to say to secure a deal....

The new VED rates for new cars registered after April 1st are scandalous and yet as a nation of people we seem completely unable to stop this sort of thing. The AA and RAC organisations are hopeless at representing motorists and no-one stands up for the motorist. There are some shocking statistics in terms of the total tax take from motorists and other users of the road network (exc cyclists!) compared to the money that goes back into the road network. Obviously the total tax take from VED has gone down as we have bought cars with lower emissions so the government now has to increase the rates to compensate. Pretty soon there will be heavy rises in taxation of diesel cars too, all because of environmental concerns.... Yeah right. We get taxed to death and motoring just gets more and more expensive, for many it's too expensive. I have to help my mother out with running her car and she has a private and state pension and yet has trouble finding the money to run her car, something that is essential to her independence, mobility and well being. Not good enough really

I found the part cloth seats in my previous IS200t Sport to be pretty horrible. They looked worse after 6 months of my use than the leather I've had in other IS vehicles I've owned. They just looked a bit dirty and less new. They seemed to breathe less than leather and I just didn't enjoy them

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

I found the part cloth seats in my previous IS200t Sport to be pretty horrible. They looked worse after 6 months of my use than the leather I've had in other IS vehicles I've owned. They just looked a bit dirty and less new. They seemed to breathe less than leather and I just didn't enjoy them

We had cloth on the IS300Sport and they were fine.  I'm fed up with changing the seat covers in this one ( three drivers and two passengers).  IMHO it's about time they started charging Diesel cars, in our cul-de-sac there are only three petrol and over 20 diesel cars.  When i mention Cancer and Nitrous Oxides to the diesel owners they blame the government for making them but a diesel...Yeah right, and they are the ones with children who have to sit in the vehicle whilst it pollutes the atmosphere.

To get back to the topic, our car had to have its first MOT yesterday, our new car was also due to arrive at 14.15 yesterday.  The transporter was loaded up the previous night with 12 cars and of course its hundreds and hundreds of miles from Bristol to Wolverhampton.  What i can't understand is why aren't these car transporters fitted with tracking devices?  They are carrying over £300,000 worth of vehicles and it appears no one knows where they are.  I they do, then why aren't they letting the dealers know when the delivery is due?

And still we wait:wallbash:

I agree that we need to start getting diesel cars off the roads. My daily commute involves either a drive into central Birmingham or a train ride and 1.3km walk from station to office. I can smell and taste the diesel fumes from stationary and moving cars. I bet I've inhaled an awful lot of NOX too and that's not funny

• Like 1

On 31/03/2017 at 9:53 AM, paulrnx said:

The AA and RAC organisations are hopeless at representing motorists and no-one stands up for the motorist.

Who says these organisations are there to represent motorists? It really annoys me when they have some manager from these organisations being interviewed on the news about a current motoring issue as if they are the voice of the motorist !

They are just break down (and insurance and a few other services) companies out there to make money. 

13 minutes ago, Martin F said:

Who says these organisations are there to represent motorists? It really annoys me when they have some manager from these organisations being interviewed on the news about a current motoring issue as if they are the voice of the motorist !

They are just break down (and insurance and a few other services) companies out there to make money. 

Agreed. But they are just about the only organisations we have. I'd like to see an apolitical non-profit making organisation set up to represent the interests of motorists.

Yes back to topic

Yes we picked the car up at 5:00pm yesterday thanks.  They had to sent a low loader to Bristol to collect it, and bring it to Wolverhampton, all at Lexus UK's expense.  Apparently the transporter trailer was loaded with new cars Wednesday night, however there were no free tractor units to bring them up country, so they had to unload ours from the trailer and put it on a flat bed.  What service.:yes:

The staff at Lexus Wolverhampton have provided excellent customer service, kept us informed, when they could, and kept us topped up with coffee and biscuits on both visits.:yahoo:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wallace said:

Yes back to topic

Yes we picked the car up at 5:00pm yesterday thanks.  They had to sent a low loader to Bristol to collect it, and bring it to Wolverhampton, all at Lexus UK's expense.  Apparently the transporter trailer was loaded with new cars Wednesday night, however there were no free tractor units to bring them up country, so they had to unload ours from the trailer and put it on a flat bed.  What service.:yes:

The staff at Lexus Wolverhampton have provided excellent customer service, kept us informed, when they could, and kept us topped up with coffee and biscuits on both visits.:yahoo:

Pics or it's still on the truck! :w00t:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links