Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loose steering, unbalanced ride

Amberflame

Hi

Hoping for some advice with an ongoing issue with my GS300 06'. My steering is very loose with pulling (mainly left). The ride is very bumpy and encountering potholes or bumps is a rollercoaster experience!. To give you some background, I took my car to Lexus dealership last October and they completed a 4 wheel alignment which solved the issues for a few weeks but now all the issues have returned with the steering feeling even looser. This is the second wheel alignment I have had done in the last 12 months both times presenting the same issues and I am at a loss as to what to do now as the garages only seem interested in performing a wheel alignment and this is clearly not the problem. Could it be the rack and pinion or the steering block? I have the tie rod ends replaced not long after getting the car so I don't think it can be that. Any advice would be appreciated.

On 1/24/2017 at 1:15 PM, Amberflame said:

Hi

Hoping for some advice with an ongoing issue with my GS300 06'. My steering is very loose with pulling (mainly left). The ride is very bumpy and encountering potholes or bumps is a rollercoaster experience!. To give you some background, I took my car to Lexus dealership last October and they completed a 4 wheel alignment which solved the issues for a few weeks but now all the issues have returned with the steering feeling even looser. This is the second wheel alignment I have had done in the last 12 months both times presenting the same issues and I am at a loss as to what to do now as the garages only seem interested in performing a wheel alignment and this is clearly not the problem. Could it be the rack and pinion or the steering block? I have the tie rod ends replaced not long after getting the car so I don't think it can be that. Any advice would be appreciated.

To me this sounds like deteriorating suspension rubber bushes. Loading each bush in turn with a suitable bar should show any that are worn or going soft.

John

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Britprius said:

To me this sounds like deteriorating suspension rubber bushes. Loading each bush in turn with a suitable bar should show any that are worn or going soft.

John

Thanks John. I will take this advice to the garage.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mark

Yes, sorry for not posting an update. I took it to a garage (turned out to be one of my neighbors) and explained issues and background and left it with them. Turns out one of my suspension mounting bushes was almost hanging off! They replaced and drive is now great. Was fuming,  don't understand how the Lexus garage did not pick this up? Bloody dangerous driving around with it like that I'd imagine!!

• Like 1