Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Will this work? GS450H ML Audio Bluetooth Hack?

Hi All,

I have been after a Bluetooth solution to stream audio from my Iphone through my ML Audio on my GS450H (2006) but I couldn't get them to work or they were a little expensive. So I was thinking the other day about a little hack that I believe will work. Sooo If others are like me their tape deck has never been used in the car. So would It be possible to remove the internals out of something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-Wireless-Bluetooth-V3-0-AUX-HiFi-Music-Audio-Reciever-Adapter-Dongle-AD2P-/201260529110?hash=item2edc0ff5d6:g:F4sAAOSwbdpWXt8B wire the adapter up to the 12v(Or whatever it requires from a feed within the tape deck and then solder the audio out to the wires that come out of the reading head on the tape deck. so when you choose tape and you have your Iphone connected to your Bluetooth adapter it will override the signal from the cassette reading head and you can play audio through Bluetooth dongle/tape deck...

Soooo is this likely to work?

The 2006 GS450H does not have an audio input socket. However the system you envisage would work with much dismantling. You also have to overcome the small problem that the casset player needs a casset in it to switch the audio to the player.

I have been looking into this problem myself and have come up with a possible solution.

The amplifier in the boot receives it's audio in by way of a SPDIF (Sony Panasonic digital input).via the rear most blue plug. You can buy "audio" to "SPDIF" converters on eBay for a little over £6, but beware most converters are the other way round "SPDIF" to "audio".

Breaking into this single wire should be relatively simple, and give the best possible sound reproduction. You may need to use a relay to switch the audio but this could be controlled by an audio input socket with a built in switch. Plugging in the audio lead would operate the relay.

If you do not wish to use an audio lead you could still go the blue tooth route. Feeding the audio from the blue tooth converter into the SPDIF converter. It is possible you may be able to find a blue tooth unit with SPDIF output.

John

13 hours ago, Zotto said:

A simpler solution is to use a fake audio cassette with input from BT dongle; nothing to solder or cut, even if probably a worse audio.

As you say that is the simple solution, but the audio quality as terrible. The stereo separation is almost non existent, and sound quality is almost as bad as an FM converter. 

John.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links