Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2017 F-Sport 300h

Ordered Graphite Black/Rose Leather/Premium Nav for delivery early March   ----- cannot wait to see the colour combo when it arrives @ the Dealership!

Tel

• Like 1

I was originally quoted April but then Lexus GB had my spec. with a Protection Pack (c.£ 400 ) about to be sent to another Dealer for their showroom.GB are sending another car to that Dealer & I get mine for March registration.

You could contemplate a tweak with your spec to speed-up your Deal (?)

Tel

I was originally quoted April but then Lexus GB had my spec. with a Protection Pack (c.£ 400 ) about to be sent to another Dealer for their showroom.GB are sending another car to that Dealer & I get mine for March registration.

Tel

• 2 weeks later...

Tel

Ooooh that looks good, I've got a graphite black FSport with black leather premier pack ordered and due in about 3 wks too!

yours will look great with rose leather. That I'll miss.

is the grille surround chrome or dark chrome? Looks chrome there, but the red demo dealer had it was dark?!?

any more pics to keep me going for another few weeks?

• Like 1

The grille is Dark Chrome,the  wheels are slightly darker & thinner spoked --- a 2016 car was parked next to it. The Head Lamps look so slim & the side sill appeared

slightly different. The rear end looked different because of a dull chrome protector on top of the bumper, the chrome flash above the reflector & the mud flaps .

The car was parked against a wall & in between 2 cars & awaits Gardex Treatment that comes as part of the Deal.

I originally wanted Velvet Black but when I knew the IS had Graphite Black I ordered without reference  & all I can say is it looks a classy black that has a hint of sparkle.

The Brake Vents blend-in on Black---- they look too pronounced on lighter colours in my opinion.

Tel

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

Great stuff,  now i'm looking at the pics on my laptop, rather than phone, the grille is dark chrome and does look nice against the Graphite Black. My dealer had a Graphite black RX in the showroom and the sparkle and pop from the metallic was stunning under the showroom lights.:wub:

Are you sure the wheels are different, I thought they were the same as before?  Noticed yours has Bridgestone ER33 same as my IS300 currently, demo in dealer had Dunlop SportMaxx.  The front bridgestones on mine are at 69k miles and only just needing changed!  hard as anything, noisy and poor grip. Hoping mine has anything but Bridgestones.

Chrome bit on RR bumper is part of protection pack isn't it? Looks better than the black plastic bit before.

Against the 2016 car the wheels were a shade darker & the spokes appeared less obese.The ride is said to be much smoother so the Turanza 's will be OK & the Protection Pack  does include the Protector. The Gardex was never on my list of needs but was again part of the package & really makes cleaning easier as my current car was in the Showroom when I bought it & had Gardex applied to give maximum appeal.

I am a Meguires Nut but it does work.

Tel

19 hours ago, Tel said:

.... so the Turanza 's will be OK ....

Congratulations on your new IS.  Looks great.  I too had OEM Turanzas on my IS (now replaced with an RC that came with Dunlop

SportMaxxes), and although I have never been fond of any Bridgestones because of a greater tendency than most to get noisy with

wear, I was nevertheless impressed by the ability of the 255/35 rear size to offer some protection to the rims against kerbing by

virtue of the unusually wide and deep channel in the inner circumference.  This channel is narrower in the 225/40 fronts, so remember 

to be even more careful with these.

Chose Graphite Black because the sample colour pod in the Showroom looked to me like "Velvet Black with a hint of sparkle" & being a metallic it would wear better & therefore be easy to clean.

Rayaan may have a point re refurbs on the 2016 car & my new wheel is dark in appearance (semi dark chrome ) wrapped in a Black wheel arch & mudflap giving me my initial impression the wheel had changed.

It looks better than my ISF & is faster than my current F-Sport due to the lighter suspension & no front F/lights    --------- my thoughts @ this juncture !

I would guess Lexus now view them as unnecessary and deleted them. The blurb regarding the triple LED lights would have you believe they won't be missed.

The new IS’s triple-L LED headlights (F Sport and Premier models) offer better illumination performance than the high-intensity discharge units, with a forward reach of 15 metres – a 10 per cent improvement. The breadth of illumination is also wider by one metre to the left and right, compared to the HID headlights and fog lights working in combination.

OP: Car looks GREAT in Graphite Black! :biggrin:

The improvement in head-light performance that is leading Lexus and other manufacturers to drop front fogs from new models

will translate into an automatic enforcement of the rule contained in the highway codes of most (or maybe all) European countries

to the effect that front fogs and dipped head-lights should not be used at the same time.  This is a good thing, but there are some

die-hards, especially in areas where the visibility can sometimes be zero, who would argue that front fogs may not necessarily

improve their view of the road but enable their car to be better seen by other motorists and pedestrians.

Which highway code says that you cannot use front fogs and dipped beam at the same time!?!?

I know that on older cars fog lamps would switch off when switching from dipped to high beam, but it is my understanding that this practice has long been dropped as there is no rationale as to why you should not be able to have fog lights and HIGH beam on concurrently.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links