Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone else watched this yet? Was quite surprised JC gave it the thumbs up as I thought they didn't 'like' Lexus...

Loved the sound it makes when the loud pedal is pressed :thumbsup:

It sounded great although in reality a car with this performance would become stressful and pointless on uk roads. This was the reason I sold my mk4 supra twin turbo. It was a fantastic car and just wanted to go but you just couldn't and that made it a very frustrating car to drive. I think I'd rather have the 5lt in the LS so I can reap the benefits of its drive in normal commutes.

but back on subject, it was great to see a lexus on tv.

carl

For once, it seemed that there was no initial bias, and the review was very balanced.  The more annoying aspects of some of the controls were flagged up, which seemed to mirror what a lot of owners think in general (mouse thingy for example).  It seemed to handle better than the RC-F tested previously and the noise from the exhausts was fab.   Still not an LFA, but few cars are.  I hope that Lexus decide to produce a new electric hybrid V8 or V10 supercar, even if it's a limited 100 built or something.

Was also surprised that the M5 was rated a better road car, again, the complete opposite of what I'd have expected.  Who'd have thunk it?  A Lexus being the more focused track vehicle!

Mirrors some of my views of the GS-F. Its certainly better than an RC-F for sure. It seems like they realised the mistakes of the RC-F and developed the GS-F that one bit further. The brakes in the GS-F are better even though they're the same spec as the RC-F ones.

Have to say that some bits were definitely added more for effect/humour rather than being true. The few examples I could point out:

1) Its actually quite hard to hit the remote touch when getting a drink (in one scene you can tell that JC's hand went towards the drink and he bobbed it down before getting it). Its even harder still to get it to turn on the nav as soon as you hit it. Initially, it'll just go to the nav screen and show "destination, route" etc etc

2) Not well equipped (again, probably for the sake of humour as the car even has HUD and TVD as standard and a whole host of other things not standard on M5 etc