Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod connection for Ls 460 se-l

HI all i am thinking of buying a ls 460 se-l on a 2006 plate and was wondering if there is an ipod connection in the centre console,Allthrough this woul not stop me buying the car it would be a useful feature if standard, can anyone advise me please

I have a viastech unit in my ls430 

Keith, I fitted an ipod kit in my 2007 460 because there is no connection as standard for the year my car was built.  You also will need a Y harness if you want to keep the 6 disc CD changer.  The kit was easy to fit after I located a Youtube video on the removal of the audio unit.  This allowed me to connect up the ipod harness.  Photos show the kit and the Y harness.   You also have to identify the multi plug for the 2003 onwards vehicles when you order the kit so it plugs in to the back of the audio unit.  The kit is supplied by a firm called Xcar.co.uk and I think all in it was about £200 incl the extra Y harness I chose to fit so I could still access my CD changer.   You can control the 001 (4).jpgipod using the steering wheel buttons but it won't name the tracks on the screen.   There is the option to buy a kit that uses your i phone if that's where your music is stored.

Steve 

ipod kit picture.jpg

Toyota-connector[1].jpg

Y harness for ipod kit.jpg

Hi Keith forgot to mention the Youtube video on the audio unit removal includes the removal of the two leather covered side panels on the centre console and the removal of the gear selector/cup holder panel so you can thread the harness from the audio head to the storage box/arm rest where you would locate the small ipod control unit which tucks nicely away.  Even if you add the Y harness that part easily fits in and around the centre console.  Charging of the ipod is constant too as you drive.

Steve   

There is also this one available, I fitted one to my 430 some years ago, it presses the "I agree" button, every time you start the car, a little thing but very welcome...

http://www.vaistech.com/product/mml-t1/

They do other types as well, Bluetooth and a "nav on the go" lead...