Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So it begins...

47 minutes ago, GSLV6 said:

The dealers really ought to have inspected and replaced those tyres Mark.  I'm assuming that this was a Lexus Approved vehicle?  If sou, it would have gone through a full Lexus inspection, so someone hasn't been paying attention!  The other tyre issue sounds like either corrosion/dirt on the rims or a leaky valve. Hopefully they'll sort for you.

How are you finding the car otherwise? I must admit, it's taken close on 2 months for me to get used to mine, but now, I wouldn't want to drive anything else.  What sort of economy have you been getting from it since pick-up?

It's really my wife who drives it and I get to clean it. Having said that I still prefer my ls but that's not a logical reason more nostalgia. 

having said that both as a driver and passenger it's a very comfortable and solid drive. Yesterday she discovered the sport mode and it's pretty quick for something so heavy.

fuel wise its current reading around 29mpg but it's all urban driving. We're off to Europe in it next week (where no doubt I'll scrape the alloys on the tunnel train) so that should give a better return.

overall though handling wise and comfort it's almost perfect I think. 

Three children in the back very comfortably, boot wise it looks like there is plenty of space for luggage.

It's just the niggling bits that are a little frustrating, especially as we paid the asking price and bought service and additional warranty cover, but hopefully they'll help me sort it out next week

22 hours ago, rayaans said:

The brown spots are most certainly tar or iron. I remove them from my car yearly using autosmart tardis and an iron remover. 

And it's gone from pics 1 to 3/4 after some yob kicked in the door overnight

insurance job sounds likely after a conversation with lexus

they polished out the spots and all tyres validated as ok. Always feel like they check stuff even if it's only to humour you, but a step up from some other dealers

IMG_2915.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

IMG_2921.JPG

It's sickening what such yobs do.  The "have nots" think it's ok to vandalise what they can't afford or don't like.   It would be great, just for once, to catch someone like that in the act.  They would think twice about ever doing it again!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Got the car back today after a week, door replaced, and I've noticed a large vertical mark/scratch on the bumper!!!

you couldn't make this stuff up!!!

all the Japanese tea and prayers must have been some kind of wind up, hopefully the smart insurance can fix it

11 minutes ago, lockeyboy said:

Got the car back today after a week, door replaced, and I've noticed a large vertical mark/scratch on the bumper!!!

you couldn't make this stuff up!!!

all the Japanese tea and prayers must have been some kind of wind up, hopefully the smart insurance can fix it

Been a while since the original incident happened! Took a while to get sorted! 

Take a pic of the scratch - it might just polish out

10 hours ago, rayaans said:

Been a while since the original incident happened! Took a while to get sorted! 

Take a pic of the scratch - it might just polish out

yes, all user based delays though.  

it's down to the black, there's no polishing it, although I'll get a photo shortly.  its just so frustrating.  

IMG_3960.JPG

3 hours ago, lockeyboy said:

yes, all user based delays though.  

it's down to the black, there's no polishing it, although I'll get a photo shortly.  its just so frustrating.  

As long as the bumper is structurally OK, then a smart repairer will fix it just fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rayaans said:

As long as the bumper is structurally OK, then a smart repairer will fix it just fine.

Picture attached it's small but very noticeable

i was looking forward to cleaning it this weekend, although the last wax coating is still beading well

26 minutes ago, lockeyboy said:

Picture attached it's small but very noticeable

i was looking forward to cleaning it this weekend, although the last wax coating is still beading well

The heck!

I was thinking it was a parking scuff - that looks like someone's been at it with a screwdriver trying to pry up the plastic bumper guard!

But yep, smart repairer will fix that no problem!

• Like 1

You may be able to do that job yourself with the Lexus touch up kit (£29).  I have used mine on a few dings on the front valance which were down to plastic (stones coming up from potholes being flicked back by car tyres in vehicles ahead).  Basecoat goes on after washing car.  Leave 10 minutes and gently rub down area of over-splash around scratch using the textile tip of the applicator (after holding under a tap to dampen it).  Leave 10 minutes, ensure the area is dry and then apply a coating of lacquer to seal.  Leave that a few days and polish back.  You can make the repairs almost invisible with care.  I've invested in a DAS Pro 6 dual action polisher now and it's more than paid for itself.  Two or three vandal-derived scratches the full length of the car were polished out and I use it to apply a bi-annual 4000 grit polish to freshen the finish up before sealing with Menzerna Lock & Seal.  Not as good as a full Si-2 coating but cheaper and offers environmental protection.  The Si-2 coatings won't prevent vandals scratch your car but will largely prevent swirl marks from polishing, slight scratches from branches and twigs or accidentally scrubbing the paintwork.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GSLV6 said:

You may be able to do that job yourself with the Lexus touch up kit (£29).  I have used mine on a few dings on the front valance which were down to plastic (stones coming up from potholes being flicked back by car tyres in vehicles ahead).  Basecoat goes on after washing car.  Leave 10 minutes and gently rub down area of over-splash around scratch using the textile tip of the applicator (after holding under a tap to dampen it).  Leave 10 minutes, ensure the area is dry and then apply a coating of lacquer to seal.  Leave that a few days and polish back.  You can make the repairs almost invisible with care.  I've invested in a DAS Pro 6 dual action polisher now and it's more than paid for itself.  Two or three vandal-derived scratches the full length of the car were polished out and I use it to apply a bi-annual 4000 grit polish to freshen the finish up before sealing with Menzerna Lock & Seal.  Not as good as a full Si-2 coating but cheaper and offers environmental protection.  The Si-2 coatings won't prevent vandals scratch your car but will largely prevent swirl marks from polishing, slight scratches from branches and twigs or accidentally scrubbing the paintwork.

We bought the lexus smart insurance so hopefully they'll fix it

the danger with me doing it is the car could end up on fire or written off!!!

do you just request the touch up kit from the dealer (based on the VIN?)

42 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The heck!

I was thinking it was a parking scuff - that looks like someone's been at it with a screwdriver trying to pry up the plastic bumper guard!

But yep, smart repairer will fix that no problem!

It's certainly very odd that it's there in the day it was returned. 

Mine came with the car, but I saw in my local dealership that they were on sale there.  Mine was inside my glove box when I picked the car up.  Yes, if you have the smart insurance, that'll sort it out.

• Like 1

Mark @lockeyboy , glad to hear that your door has eventually been repaired but so sorry to see the rear bumper is now marked. 

What rotten luck, you must be due a break so take a punt on the Lottery!

Fingers crossed that the bumper is repaired promptly. 

• Like 1

Turns out it was on top of the bumper, possibly residue from being masked off and sprayed?

:wacko:

either way a massive relief and some simple cleaner and a gentle cloth and all is well!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lockeyboy said:

Turns out it was on top of the bumper, possibly residue from being masked off and sprayed?

:wacko:

either way a massive relief and some simple cleaner and a gentle cloth and all is well!

Probably tyre rubber from all that driving you've been doing in the RX recently

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links