Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all i have just returned from a 9 hour round trip to view a 56 plate ls 460se-l (not sure it was a se-l) these are my findings .

The car drove brilliantly, smooth all gears / brakes worked as they should (19000 miles)

poor paint respray  on front valance, looked like it had been painted with a rattle can in a back yard on Friday afternoon

over spray on passenger door rubbers at high level

passenger mirror hitting window when car locked, with window open mirror entered cabin by over one inch

no massage  seats??? , they where heated and vented

it did have radar cruise and lane safety function

Lexus emblem was raised on steering wheel ( thought on ls460's se-l they where flat)

dvd and rear electric /side and rear  blinds and rear drop down visors all worked

tyres had about 20% left

Am i correct in thinking this isnt a se-l or could it be an early one not registered until 56 plate, the millage is proved correct, i would be grateful for any input from LOC 

many thanks 

Keith

Hi i did walk away , i'm just not sure it was a full spec se-l something didn't ring true with my research ... hence previous post. the inner petrol head  in me said no.  i was walking around it weighing up pros and cons , if all was ok i'm sure i would have felt it, could it have been a true car without the rear massage seats? 

• Like 1

Unlike the 430's which have a massage function, looking at the hand book the 460 SE-l 5 seat model has heated/cooled and recline function it does not mention a massage function. The only mention of a massage function is in the 4 seat ottoman seat which has a remote for this function ( see picture below ).

If you need to you can get a PDF manual here http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/resources/owners-manuals?model=LS460&year=2007&type=om

be warned though this is HEAVY reading.

IMG_0895.PNG

Many thanks Derek , after further research , and your input ,i now understand which cars have the massage function,

I  am currently looking at 3 ls460 as far a field as Scunthorpe , Glasgow and Portsmouth     .Must be mad .I have been to see Mercs , Jags and nothing really comes close to the 460 for similar money, hopefully if i put enough feelers out i will find the one im after. Serves me right for being so fussy, not really concerned about exterior colour but must have beige / ivory leather . flsh, which i would keep up, not many miles and low price , not much to ask for . he he he 

Thanks again 

take care

Keith

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keithls430 said:

Many thanks Derek , after further research , and your input ,i now understand which cars have the massage function,

I  am currently looking at 3 ls460 as far a field as Scunthorpe , Glasgow and Portsmouth     .Must be mad .I have been to see Mercs , Jags and nothing really comes close to the 460 for similar money, hopefully if i put enough feelers out i will find the one im after. Serves me right for being so fussy, not really concerned about exterior colour but must have beige / ivory leather . flsh, which i would keep up, not many miles and low price , not much to ask for . he he he 

Thanks again 

take care

Keith

Just been looking on eBay, and I've never seen so many for sale on there.

A couple looked decent too, might be worth a search.

The last 5 cars I have bought privately, I have bought the first one I looked at. This is partly luck, plus a bit of a rigid approach.

You can cover a great deal over the phone and on autotrader.

I always ask.....

Is the car, house, logbook and you all at the same address?  The reason is 'normal' people buy a car and register it at Swansea and park it outside the house. If any of these are not there, then it is trouble. 'I'm selling it for my brother-in-law' spells trouble, because it is not normal, it is odd.

Remember, you are buying the person as much as the car. Rough people and rough cars go together. Is the guy a normal family man? Is his approach, similar to yours. Is he straight in doing business in a friendly, dignified manner.

I like all the paperwork present, old MOTs (who would not keep them) and as much service history and receipts as possible. A new MOT is also goodish. Autotrader is good as you can see so many pictures and save a wasted journey. Always always, do an HPI check. £20 is peace of mind, and helps when you sell it.

In the past, I would say walk away, there are plenty more out there, but with our cars, the pool is very small.

All the more reason not to get 'car fever'. Happened to me once. I bought a Vauxhall Cavalier because I just just wanted it. All caution, and the above went out the window. Got my money back, but it was a close call.

• Like 2

Many thanks Michael , i think i have found one , all checks clear, 44k miles with flsh, one owner, excellent trade in for my ls430, going to view on Monday,

I have had it checked by a friend in the trade and all the seller is telling me turns out to be true , even its previous private plate which i didn't know about.

I will let LOC know what happens and post photos

Thanks again 

Take care 

Keith

• Like 2

Good luck, I hope it's nice, the one in Scunthorpe is OK but overpriced for it's condition, just for your info...:thumbsup:

They do have two though, an SE and an SE-L so you get to see them side by side...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links