Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 P717HMM nr. Sittingbourne

hey, a really gentle light grey/blue pastel shade  ............I had to go chasing by on a mission to get to be a Young Enterprise speaking competition judge in Canterbury

The other road users must have been amazed ............  seeing one Ls400 is a bit odd but to see two together, well, almost unheard of !

Seeing the DVLA/MOT history it was out on a short run of it's @1000 miles a year between MOTs I would surmise :winkiss:

Malc

I saw a LS 400 in Tesco car park in Dover. It is funny feeling when you see another one - which is rare.

Saw this the other day and spoke to the owner - A Mr. Fox! He had previously owned an IS 200 for 13 years - hence the number on the plate.

He said he was very pleased with the 300h NX.

20170124_165415.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys ...  just seen this for sale on eBay  P717HMM

owner says he's in London but don't forget i saw it in Sittingbourne / Faversham

It looks good in the photos and reads well too ..........  price seems Ok too I'd have thought, what with the cambelt having recently ( mileswise ) been done

Malc

Hi malc

i was in conversations last week with the owner, it was on gumtree and the price seemed reasonable at £1300 but i called him the next day to do the deal and he'd listed on eBay.

i had something similar last year when I'd paid for the car and the guy still sold it to someone else (and gave me my money  back

i have a feeling it will go over £1500 and it's just a bit much to justify for spares, having said that I am currently the highest bidder

The belt was changed nearly 10 years ago wasn't it?

Hi,

I went to look at this the other day. Very pleasant owner and his wife. The car is in good condition, with good panel gaps etc although it was an awful day and I didn't get to spend as long as I otherwise would looking at it. He took me for a drive and it drove well and the brakes noise did quieten down after a bit. I didn't get to see the service history. I am sure you would get some miles out of this one. I have my heart set on a Gen 1 as I think they look the nicest so will keep on looking..

• Like 1

Phil, the Mk1 is a good car ( I loved mine, my first and some 15 years ago now )  but don't forget the brakes and wheels were only 15" and even when they made the Mk2 it was a definite improvement on handling, braking etc.  The same body shape, but mine handled just a little better than my Mk1.....  and we hear of rear end rot in the Mk1's now from time to time  .... but at nearly 30 years old maybe that's not too surprising

And the Mk3 is really a different car and tbh is markedly improved handling etc over the Mk2.

The Mk1 and Mk2 have non-interference engines ( cambelt issues ) and the Mk3 onwards doesn't

I'd have thought that the P717HMM car with the cambelt being changed some 10 years ago now ........  funny how they haven't really used the car over this time  ............. would have some huge longevity /  life left in it....... even the cambelt

I would buy it if i wanted another, and probably pay £1500, BUT would buy the cheapy N reg one at @£250 if i just wanted spares, body panels etc

I wonder if I'll ever have a Mk4 ?

Malc

ps   paid £1400 for mine in June 2011 with about 125k miles and full Lexus Service History.......  now touching 191k miles

• Like 2

Thanks, Malcolm. Probably the one thing I will really check out on a Mk1/Mk 2 is rot and I'm pretty good at spotting it (long history of owning old Datsuns...) I think I am mixing up Mk1 and 2: I would definitely go for a Mk 2 with the same shape as the Mk 1 with the tweaks Toyota made. One thing that does concern me is that suspension parts availability is much better with the UCF20 than the UCF10. Knowing that items will be needed perhaps I am better served waiting for a good UCF20. 

19 minutes ago, Matt1986 said:

I haven't seen the one in Preston but it's been on and off ebay since last summer! Same price every time. Must be something not right about it. :-)

Panel gaps look off

although since seeing it this week I'm convinced mine are too now...

possibly the colour doesn't need help

The owners name is don. Hes on facebook a lot. Nice bloke. He wanted my white ls400 but i sold it before he had a chance to get down.  I was thinking of getting his as a stop gap. I think the winning buyer didn't materialise 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, That was me in sittingbourne.P717 HMM. I  had just left left my sisters house in Sittingbourne & was on the way to visit a sick friend in Herne bay & observing the speed ,limit .when another LS I now  know to be Malc came past me like a bat out of hell.  I did to try to catch you up Malc but  got caught behind a large lorry waiting to turn right. 

I saw you in the rear view briefly & the next moment you was along side me on kickdown.(Sounded good)Had  you flashed me up I would have stopped for a chat

• Like 1

I'm embarrassed ........  I thought I might have slightly  ( b ) reached the 50mph speed limit .............:yahoo:  sorry not to have stopped for a cuppa but i was on a mission to get to Canterbury for the judging I mentioned .....  last time it was at Kings School there and i arrived with seconds to spare before the competitors started speaking ! Now that was embarrassing ( for me that is ) 

Malc

Quote: '' the brakes noise did quieten down after a bit''

Thats the brake pads, certainly Ferodo make no noise, not sure about normal ferodo, there are not many aftermarket, if any, other than ferodo premium which are quite, so anyone here who buys it can sort that out easy enough.

True, by changing the pads the squealing will stop. That is what my mechanic said. However after paying £65 for genuine Lexus pads I didn't want to change them for cheap £40 ones. The noise never really bothered me & does go once the car has warmed up. Apart from the squark the brakes were very good. They squealed mainly at low speed when you just touch the pedal to crawl to a stop, They didn't seem to squeal when you braked hard. The pads fitted are much thicker than the cheaper ones & they have not done to many miles. I'm sure that after another few thousand miles they will quieten down on there own.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links