Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

C63 Coupe

Who,s had or at least driven one of these, this is my mates who is a very busy at the moment and doesn't use it much so I've been given the responsibility of exercising her once a week around the Mendip Hills.

Now clearly I was very reluctant to get involved in this as it's a Mercedes not a Lexus and worst of all look at that colour, but seeing a grown 17st man on his knees begging for my help, well hay what are friends for 😏

Ive never driven one before and it's er loud for a start got a sports cat x pipe /cat delete exhaust by the same company that did @Mark G IS -F, infinity Near Bath.

Its mapped to 500bhp + 620lbt torque with a lsd.

The gearbox is not quite as good as ours it's a 2013 car with the later box, the ride is little more compliant than an IS-F, I have only my 59 plate car to go by the later ones I guess will be different. It's quick it's very quick but the sensation despite the figures is not of it being quicker than ours.

I felt the engine did not rev quite so well in the upper reaches, ours rushes to the line.

Roads a little greasy to push to far but it was a little more unsettled by mid corner bumps than my IS-F, both cars same mileage 39k.

Build quality no, it's not there in my opinion. 

When the weathers dry again I'll give another update for its next run out............ yeeIMG_1748.JPG hah 🤣

Sorry about the tools that's me fencing and gate building  round his house🔨

Big Rat

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Nope, never driven one, sounds epic but wouldn't have one over the isf.

I love my ' F ' nice to see what the almost good enough opposition is like 😂

Big Rat

• Like 1

Yes driven the C63 albeit in saloon form. 

Its definitely more of a muscle car than the IS-F as it doesn't really handle all that well IMO. 

Dont know about how you're finding it but it used to spin its wheels on every occasion including roundabouts, traffic lights etc. Maybe it was just my size 12 foot :whistling1:

Ive only driven the later IS-F's and found the ride to be about the same. The build quality of Mercs of that era weren't great, huge slabs of plastic in the centre console and dash. 

The new C63 is really good though and built quality is better - would I take it over an RC-F? Probably not as Ive never been one to go with the crowd

• Like 2

I've also driven one a couple of times at MB world. Didn't like the traction control, which knocked the engine right back off turbo and IMO really affected the way it drove. Much prefer the TC in the Lexus. Though it's probably different in the dry. Either way, didn't like it.

5 hours ago, rayaans said:

Ive got to say, taking a look at the C63 pic again, it has a drug dealer vibe to it. I think it must be the black rims!

Stereotypes galore! :laugh:

My mate Barry who owns it, I've always wondered where all his money comes from !

Big Rat

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links