Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone have it installed at home or can offer some advice on what to get?

Been a spate of people breaking into houses to nick high end cars in my area and now it's right on my doorsrep.....this week a nearly new Nissan GTR and Civic Type R  were taken from the same house, i know the 2 owners as they are brothers from the village I grew up in, and the estate they both now live on is only a few minutes from where I currently live. 

Apparently it's a gang from Birmingham who are responsible.

http://m.burtonmail.co.uk/top-performance-cars-stolen-during-a-south-derbyshire-break-in/story-30104258-detail/story.html

Wouldn't mind having something set up to keep an eye on mine, hopefully these thieves don't know what an IS-F is so it's of no interest to them. 

I've got Netgear Arlo which is available on amazon etc. It's very easy to set up, runs on batteries which last quite a while. This will give you a quick visual deterrent. I would say that this system doesn't give constant streaming but motion sensor recording and will email you with any movement and store any activity on the online cloud. You can log on from your phone at anytime. Hard wired systems will give you 24/7 recording options and the kit will be cheaper but you will need to allow for the additional installation cost/wiring etc.  

• Like 1

Been meaning to get myself some PoE cameras too. I plan to wire them into my home network, and record video on a PC I always leave running (media server).
Fitted some HomeMonitor Y-Cam cameras for my parents. They have WiFi / PoE and dont need a recorder. They stream everything to the cloud and you can view them anytime from your phone (via an app) or online. I'd recommend the dome type cameras, bullet ones i've fitted need dusting weekly to keep them clear from cobwebs! Think little spiders are attracted by the warmth! :laugh:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tom24 said:

Anyone have it installed at home or can offer some advice on what to get?

Been a spate of people breaking into houses to nick high end cars in my area and now it's right on my doorsrep.....this week a nearly new Nissan GTR and Civic Type R  were taken from the same house, i know the 2 owners as they are brothers from the village I grew up in, and the estate they both now live on is only a few minutes from where I currently live. 

Apparently it's a gang from Birmingham who are responsible.

http://m.burtonmail.co.uk/top-performance-cars-stolen-during-a-south-derbyshire-break-in/story-30104258-detail/story.html

Wouldn't mind having something set up to keep an eye on mine, hopefully these thieves don't know what an IS-F is so it's of no interest to them. 

A couple of members on Pistonheads had a similar experience in Northampton area, I must admit I am thinking of cameras myself, interesting to hear what other people are using.

• Like 1

I bought a cheap ish system about a year ago , think it was about £160 from amazon on a deal of the day thing.

4 x cameras 720p , 1tb dvr and the payed  an alarm fitter to fit them which cost me £80.

It works perfect for what i need , motion capture , you can export it easily to memory stick , it can be wired to a network if needed .Runs about 10 days on the highest quality setting , you can always put a bigger hdd in it.

Quality good enough i think.

20170202_171018.jpg
20170202_170956.jpg
20170202_170931.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links